1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this 13+1/15+1 9mm last week and finally got it to the range today

48 degrees and had the outdoor range to myself

Shot at 30' with a variety of ammo to give this gun a first-time workout

Initial Observations:

- The gun had no failures of any kind
- it shot at point of aim (pumpkin on a post style) without any difficulty
- the three dot sights were big enough for my old eyes (unlike the tiny ones on some of my other guns)
- the magazines were very tight (thank goodness for the UpLula mag loader)
- the magazines did not like the crappy steel WPA steel case ammo... Which is common for most of my other double stack mags... Ever rub two of those cases together... Feels sticky compared to brass. (Of note-- my single stack M&P Shield mags and single stack hi-point 995 carbine mags handle the steel case just fine) I don't shoot much steel case since I reload, but I had a box and gave it a try along with my handloads and some PMC

- safety- too small and hard to move (aka impossible) to put "on" with your shooting hand, but ok/relatively easy, to sweep off when you need to
- trigger... In SA, It is harder/heavier than most of my SA guns, 6lbs or so but breaks cleanly
- take up was ok- a bit much, but ok
- the reset is a bit too long for my liking, but just OK, I like short resets
- there really is no pure DA available on this gun...(unless you decock it by pulling trigger while holding hammer and gently let it down)... Which I "chose not to"
- to decock this gun as it was designed... I simply push the hammer forward with my thumb!.... (Don't have to do anything but that... Yes, just push it forward)
Then, the first part of the trigger pull simply brings the hammer back up to cocked (with just a gentle trigger pull to that point) then the rest of the trigger pull is the normal SA... Yes, the trigger pull is different (when decocked) for the first half of the trigger pull than the second part of that same trigger pull
- the trigger is nicely wide and not serrated... Which is good- I hate trigger serrations
- the grip does its job without biting skin at all... Could shoot this all day
- it does have a nice point and shoot grip angle and it returns/reacquires target nicely after firing

Summary- "this ain't no 14+1 'compact CZ75D PCR' But it is a decent range gun

If I had to carry it... Maybe carry it just cocked and locked (vs messing with the funky decock / 2-step trigger pull)

Here's how the tri-action works

·
Registered
131 Posts
i've had one for a couple years now and can't say enough good things about these guns.. i use mine in league shooting at our local range and would guess i have put close to 3000 rounds through mine without a single failure.. the only complaint i've had is with the left side of the grip had a couple sharp edges that cut my thumb, but that was easily fixed by shaving them down with a sharp blade.. one suggestion is anyone who is considering a purchase look at the LH9N, the LH9N one comes with novak sights and could be swapped out with other sights.. the standard LH9 comes with a fixed front sight and would have to be milled and dovetailed in order to swap the sights out....

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Are these guns like the Daewo semi-autos with the tri-actions made in South Korea?? If so they should be very nice guns!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts