Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Wrangler got her new dancing shoes ... the black plastic ones just didn't feel right in my hand. I seen in another post a member was offering up some used grips if someone wanted them, well I was a day late and a dollar short as they say. The member had just mailed them off to another member. He did however say, "let me look and see what I may have" ... low and behold he offered these blond grips to me free of charge. I'm glad I jumped at the chance because they look awesome (at least to me).

So a big shout out to member JPGLSG for offering these fine grips up to me. I can't wait to get back to the range and try em out.

What say you guys, before or after?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Those look nice. Very generous of the donor.
Yes ... to bad he's in Georgia and I'm in Ohio ... I'd try to repay him somehow...

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Those are nice looking grips. Congratulations and thanks to a fellow member. Your turn to pay it forward.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are nice looking grips. Congratulations and thanks to a fellow member. Your turn to pay it forward.
Yes sir ... not sure how, when or what but yes ...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow. Those grips turn a plain, unexciting, inexpensive gun into something very special looking!

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
With the Bronze revolver, those look awesome!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
That’s a unique look, well done!!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I thought darker grips would complement the bronze color, which is why I got the black laminate grips from Ruger. After seeing your grips I must admit the lighter blonde color really makes the bronze stand out! Makes me want to get another Wrangler & a set of grips...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Those Maple grips still look as good as when I saw the picture on that Facebook page. ;)

I thought darker grips would complement the bronze color, which is why I got the black laminate grips from Ruger.
I bought a set of black laminate to put on my Single Ten originally, but didn't cared for how thick they are....so now that I picked up a bronze Wrangler I put them on it. I think it looks pretty good, still don't care for them being thick, but much better than the factory grips.

I really like the Wrangler, like a light weight version of the Single Six (model 0678).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cowpokey, the Ruger brand birdshead grips I put on my Wrangler were “factory thick” as well. But being laminate, I used a power palm sander and slimmed them down ( about 1/2 as thick) and finished them by using a buffing wheel in my bench grinder with some jewelers rouge. The laminate polished right up, or with some fine grit sandpaper, you can leave it more satin finished.

·
One Star
9,686 Posts
I really like the new shoes OP rmichael63 & Cowpokey!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Cowpokey, the Ruger brand birdshead grips I put on my Wrangler were “factory thick” as well. But being laminate, I used a power palm sander and slimmed them down ( about 1/2 as thick) and finished them by using a buffing wheel in my bench grinder with some jewelers rouge. The laminate polished right up, or with some fine grit sandpaper, you can leave it more satin finished.
Thanks for the info, I might just have to give that a try.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts