Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, working around the house and garage today, I really enjoyed having Bundesliga soccer and NASCAR racing on the TVs. Good for all these guys and teams coming back, even without the fans.

Now hopefully they can get some MLB baseball on TV this summer.

Grand Inquisitor
Enjoy! I do not care for TV sports, or even TV (ain鈥檛 got cable or streaming or even reception) but until I can get to a baseball game in person, I can still go fishing ;)

Super Moderator
I do miss baseball. For the past couple years we have been going to Portland, ME for a Seadogs game which is the Red Sox double A affiliate. Fun trip, dinner and the game and close enough to head home after. Usually get seats right off the 3rd base line. Couple years ago saw Rafael Devers play (he went 3 for 4 with 2 home runs). Last year Bobby Dalbec. Devers will be the starting 3rd baseman for the Sox for a long time to come and I suspect Dalbec will slot in at 1st eventually, he was at 3rd for Portland. Did I say I miss baseball. ;)

Registered
I do miss baseball. For the past couple years we have been going to Portland, ME for a Seadogs game which is the Red Sox double A affiliate. Fun trip, dinner and the game and close enough to head home after. Usually get seats right off the 3rd base line. Couple years ago saw Rafael Devers play (he went 3 for 4 with 2 home runs). Last year Bobby Dalbec. Devers will be the starting 3rd baseman for the Sox for a long time to come and I suspect Dalbec will slot in at 1st eventually, he was at 3rd for Portland. Did I say I miss baseball. ;)
Amarillo got a AA team last year, the former San Antonio Missions, after S.A. got a AAA team. They won the Texas League championship in their 1st year.
They were also voted the Nations worst team name, the Amarillo Sod Poodles. I hate that name! They claimed it is what old timers called Prairie Dogs, but I ain't buyin it.
There are so many other good names that would better represent the area, or they could've just used Prairie Dogs.

Registered
Being a life long Cleveland Indian fan, I have the benefit of having them and a few of their minor league teams all within an hours drive. As others have said, good seats right off the foul line can be had.

NASCAR not a fan ...
Soccer not a fan ...
I enjoy baseball on tv and radio but the new attitude of Blake Snell and others are forcing me to decide if I will watch or not. They are on the verge of turning me off to the game. A bunch of overpriced whinny arsed kids ... with hundreds of hard working Americans out of work because of Covid 19 issues and these morons want ALL their money ... come on man ... he is equal to if not greater than Colin K ... Rays' Snell: Playing for reduced pay 'not worth it'

Registered
UFC had 3 events this past week... they usually don't do that many in a month. Good to see some good fights.
Sports on TV was gone?

Guess I did notice that other programming wasn't always being delayed by some game or another recently but I sure hadn't missed sports.

Bruce
One of the most disappointing feelings in life these days... your game or other show delayed by two teams that you could care less about. lol It is rough going through that... especially when you forget to add some extended time in the DVR. lol

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot about UFC, although that鈥檚 something I could usually care less about. Actually I could say the same towards soccer, and very rarely pay much attention to NASCAR, but it does feel much more 鈥渘ormal鈥 to have them back on.

Just like major league baseball; I usually don鈥檛 pay close attention until later in the season, but there is something about baseball on the TV or radio in the summertime while I鈥檓 working around the shop that makes it 鈥渟ound鈥 like summer. Especially on the radio, the way that AM stations fade in and out at night, or crackle with a distant lightning strike somewhere far away while you鈥檝e got Cubs baseball on. That鈥檚 part of the soundtrack of summer.

Grand Inquisitor
Especially on the radio, the way that AM stations fade in and out at night, or crackle with a distant lightning strike somewhere far away while you鈥檝e got Cubs baseball on. That鈥檚 part of the soundtrack of summer.
THAT. Nothing evokes summer so well as baseball on the radio. I hope to hear some this summer while working in the shop.

Registered
I forgot about UFC, although that鈥檚 something I could usually care less about. Actually I could say the same towards soccer, and very rarely pay much attention to NASCAR, but it does feel much more 鈥渘ormal鈥 to have them back on.

Just like major league baseball; I usually don鈥檛 pay close attention until later in the season, but there is something about baseball on the TV or radio in the summertime while I鈥檓 working around the shop that makes it 鈥渟ound鈥 like summer. Especially on the radio, the way that AM stations fade in and out at night, or crackle with a distant lightning strike somewhere far away while you鈥檝e got Cubs baseball on. That鈥檚 part of the soundtrack of summer.
I think you meant to say INDIANS baseball not cubs ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ... Go Tribe

Registered
I watched "Field of Dreams" last night. Man do I really miss baseball.
That movie just sums up all the childhood memories of ball fields, friends, catch with your dad.
Brings a tear to my eye!

Spellign Bee Champ
Coronavirus made me miss March Madness with kids playing for something before a pro salary affects their being.
Not into UFC, baseball, soccer or NASCAR.
Give me the Sweet Science.

Registered
Not much into any pro sport especially those played by millionaires who complain about money. Million for a few days of golf? hundreds of thousands or more a game for FB? At least in basket and base ball they play a lot of games. Now college FB is a different matter and I hope that by paying them it doesn鈥檛 change the game. I also fear for any sport, at any level fan less stadiums is non starter especially at the college level.

Super Moderator
Well the Red Sox traded off their #2 starter as he made too much money and their best player as he wanted too much money. In return for Betts they got an injured center fielder and then their #1 starter had Tommy John. Their manager was fired for cheating with another team and wrecking water coolers. It was going to be a terrific season. I do miss baseball.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts