Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about grinding this down just enough to make it inoperable. I really don't like it sticking up in the holster I know thats stupid but I really think it is a stupid thing that "THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CALIFORNIA" wants to make people feel good. Anyine else here think that thing is stupid as hell?
And has anyone here made it inoperable?

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Which firearm are you doing this to? Depending on which one there are parts out there called "LCI deletes" that go in the space where the original one is and done raise up when a round is in the chamber.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Some people like it like I do and some people don't. It's a matter of preference like anything else. Galloway Precision makes a piece to replace the LCI. Go take a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like it on my SR9 and have no problem with it clearing the holster. When it is up, I'm 100% sure it will go bang when I want it to !:D

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Galloway has a lot of nice stuff for different Rugers. Glad you are checking it out!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Things that prevent accidental discharge I feel are a good idea. It does not replace the ultimate safety, the thing between your ears.

Each to his/her own.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I really don't have a problem with it, doesn't affect my accuracy.
It's purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If a person treats each and every weapon as if it were loaded then there is no need for the lawyers little thing called the LCI. I removed mine ground the tab on the bottom of it and now it only slightly sticks up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Whats all the fuss, my wife kinna likes that feature, She always gives me a nudge at the range LOADED WHEN UP .me bad , mines stayin lol!

·
Registered
223 Posts
no problem

really, i like this indicator, i think it is very good feature to be able to look at the pistol--22/45 lite-- and tell that there IS one in the chamber. JMHO.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I feel in a dark or a situation where you want to make sure there is a round in battery all you have to do is feel the indicator without looking at it. But you do have a choice and can delete it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just think it is stupid. I have managed not to kill myself all this time without a LCI on any other weapon I ever had. It is simply a lawyer thing brought on by the anti's.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I have a friend that is an armorer for our PD and said police departments had ask for the indicators for tactical situations. The indicator isn't stupid, it's a piece of metal. What is stupid are people and some need all the help they can get.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I see a lot of negativism toward any type of safety features. Safety, LCI, Magazine Disconnect, etc. People seem to feel the weapon won't work properly until they get rid of them. I've read statements that say they remove all safety devices even before they clean it.

It's a lot like the seatbelt resistance in the 70s.
"They wrinkle my clothes"
"I can't get out in an accident"
"The baby doesn't like them"
etc.

Our brain is absolutely the primary safety device. But a wise man also has Plan B, Plan C, etc. Also, a safety is intended to protect against others who may not be as safety minded as us.

The trigger safety on a Glock is not a safety. The gun will fire when you pull he trigger with or without it. At least with a dedicated safety the gun won't fire if my friend or wife picks it up and pulls the trigger. Hey, the gun wih no safety may be pointed at me.

Sorry; but at least I got it off my chest.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
The LCI almost prevented me from buying my SR9c, I thought the indicator was obnoxiously large. I'm use to visually checking on the side for brass/load on my Walthers. However since buying & shooting my SR9c, I don't see the indicator when I'm in tunnel vision mode shooting. I always have one in the chamber on all my firearms whether carrying or in the home. However, if I've taken cover/concealment in a defensive situation I would not want to possibly give away my position by having to slide the rack even a little to check. Even in a daylight situation you may want to reassure yourself by just feeling the indicator & not taking your eyes off of your surroundings.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I see a lot of negativism toward any type of safety features. Safety, LCI, Magazine Disconnect, etc. People seem to feel the weapon won't work properly until they get rid of them. I've read statements that say they remove all safety devices even before they clean it.

It's a lot like the seatbelt resistance in the 70s.
"They wrinkle my clothes"
"I can't get out in an accident"
"The baby doesn't like them"
etc.

Our brain is absolutely the primary safety device. But a wise man also has Plan B, Plan C, etc. Also, a safety is intended to protect against others who may not be as safety minded as us.

The trigger safety on a Glock is not a safety. The gun will fire when you pull he trigger with or without it. At least with a dedicated safety the gun won't fire if my friend or wife picks it up and pulls the trigger. Hey, the gun wih no safety may be pointed at me.

Sorry; but at least I got it off my chest.
I'm all for safety features on guns because some of the people buying them are not well trained and need all the help they can get. These same people may have that gun in the house next door or across the street from me and I don't even know about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Personally I don’t have a problem with the LCI; it doesn’t distract me or impair the operability of my SR9. Having carried Glock service pistol’s on and off duty for more than twenty years the improved ergonomics and handling characteristics of the SR9 outweighs any cosmetic criticism of a raised LCI with red print on its side. Of course this is only my own opinion and I will continue to do press checks on any pistol I carry, LCI or not.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a friend that is an armorer for our PD and said police departments had ask for the indicators for tactical situations. The indicator isn't stupid, it's a piece of metal. What is stupid are people and some need all the help they can get.
Exactly.
While its not on my list of necessities, I like having it on my sr9, not just for me, but for anyone i hand it to. While i dont take it being down for granted, i like wen i can feel it on my headboard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts