Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just would like your input. Took my new SBH today and a few times the loading gate would open a tiny bit. The edge of the loading gate eventually started peening the frame of the revolver.

I was just shooting my reloads (low-to-medium power 44 mag). How common is this situation?

I've read a few posts and a few have recommended refitting a new loading gate spring. Would this remedy fix this for good? I'm just bummed at how the frame edge got eaten-up.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
For a brand new gun,I wouldn't accept that.

I would call Ruger CS and have them pay to ship that gun back to them.

I myself, refuse to have to "tinker" with a brand new $700+ gun to get it to work properly.

I think it's more than a weak loading gate spring, there looks to be a fitting issue there, people have pounded 10's of thousands of hot .44's through SBH's and the gate should in no way be peening the frame nor opening up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've never been one to send a gun back to a manufacturer. I have never felt the need to send one back to Ruger at all. I know that things get sent out that need to be returned, but of the 30 or so Ruger hand guns I own I've had no trouble with any of them.

That Ruger needs to go back. You have more troubles than a weak loading gate spring. I'd not have that. Ruger will fix it for you on their dime and pretty fast too. Call customer service and get the process started. Your revolver be be back in your hands in two weeks or so.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah, I think the issue may be more than just the loading gate spring. I have gotten a shipping label from Ruger.

Will update with the results when the gun returns.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had a similar problem little over a year ago with one, only Ruger I have ever had to send in, anyways it came back right and and the area that was damaged or peened similarly was repaired as well and now you would never know it ever happened
I'm confident you will be happy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts