Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loading some LC brass with nosler 69 grain custom comp. my nosler manual states a oal of 2.260 but when I try them in the AR they won't feed. Anyone use a different oal than noslers data?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The bullets are probably jamming into the rifling. The rounds must fit the mag and fit the chamber. You may have a short lead in your chamber. seat the bullets deeper and slowly till they chamber and adjust your load if necessary for the increase in pressure.

You also need to know or should no how far off the lands you are when they are seated.

Some guns like the bullet kissing the lands and some do better .020 off the lands.

Your question indicates a slight lack of what your doing if it's accuracy that your after.

If you have a non competition standard AR and don't follow all the steps I doubt you will be rewarded from the exercise. Even with a high grade AR what your doing
(if it's for accuracy is only a small part of the game. )

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the bullet was jammed in the rifling I guess I wouldn't have a feed problem. First time using these noslers, my load is the min. Start load. This is a fun gun but I guess I'll have too get my Oal gauge and measure. My question was to see if anyone had problem loading to max length. Don't understand you line here
"Your question indicates a slight lack of what your doing if it's accuracy that your after."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts