Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger wants to sell 2M guns per year. If the local gun shops and gun shows are any indication, revolvers and bolt guns are not the way to reach that goal. It seems as if 90% of the inventory is 9mm/45ACP pistols and AR15 derivatives.

I attended a local gun show this weekend. I saw no Ruger Precision Rifles, only 2 Super Blackhawks in 454, nothing in 480. I wonder how long I'll have to wait until I see either a RPR in 6.5CM or a SBH in 480Ruger at reasonable street prices (~$900 for the RPR and ~$700 for the SBH). Those two are my next guns, until I see them priced right I'm out of the market.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Apologies, I haven't been helping much at all lately..... :eek:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I don't need a .480 revolver. If I need more than a .44 magnum, I need a rifle!
But I had to sell my stainless Super Blackhawk awhile back, and I hope one is available when I can afford to replace it.

The GP and SP are among my favorite Rugers. I don't like their autos, but the better revolvers are good items. And the M-77 MK II is a worthy hunting rifle.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Ruger wants to sell 2M guns per year. If the local gun shops and gun shows are any indication, revolvers and bolt guns are not the way to reach that goal. It seems as if 90% of the inventory is 9mm/45ACP pistols and AR15 derivatives.

I attended a local gun show this weekend. I saw no Ruger Precision Rifles, only 2 Super Blackhawks in 454, nothing in 480. I wonder how long I'll have to wait until I see either a RPR in 6.5CM or a SBH in 480Ruger at reasonable street prices (~$900 for the RPR and ~$700 for the SBH). Those two are my next guns, until I see them priced right I'm out of the market.
Ruger is a player - plenty of Ruger semi-autos in all the popular flavors and colors. And the AR556/SR556/SR762 covers low-end and higher-end ARs. Plus bolt action rifles, revolvers (SA & DA) give Ruger a pretty wide product line and if any gun company can sell 2M units it would be Ruger. Not that much of a stretch for manufacturing really - they've sold pretty close to that number in one year already in the post-Sandy Hook buying frenzy.

As for street pricing on the two particular guns you want you'll have decide if and when the price is right. Ruger doesn't set street prices and they only sell at wholesale to distributors who in turn sell to dealers who in turn sell for what the market will bear. The RPR and the 480 SBH are both hot sellers with demand exceeding supply. Whenever that happens prices always go up to full retail or beyond. The RPR has an MSRP of $1,399.00 but you should be able to buy it at 64% of that? Interesting. That's got to be getting at or below dealer cost. Let me know when you find that deal - I want one too at that price.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The RPR and the 480 SBH are both hot sellers with demand exceeding supply. Whenever that happens prices always go up to full retail or beyond. The RPR has an MSRP of $1,399.00 but you should be able to buy it at 64% of that? Interesting. That's got to be getting at or below dealer cost. Let me know when you find that deal - I want one too at that price.
Ok, maybe I'm a little optimistic on the price but the fact is there isn't any stock on the market. Lots of 9mm pistols and AR556, no 480 SBH, no 6.5cm RPR. I'm not contributing to Ruger's 2M target until they make what I want in high enough volume to get the usual pricing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts