·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My locals all good

Hey I purchaed a few bits from Clevers always been good for me.

oh but I do envy or lads across the ditch they have so much to choose may have to get a passport stamp for here one day.
Bought a lot from Cleaver, always been good to me.
I try to buy as local as I can.
Yep, the guys OS have got it pretty good..... :D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks for posting. As I am always curious of how things are in other parts of the world, I found that interesting.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
From Gold Coast Shooters Supplies:

"OUT THEY GO!

BERETTA SHOOTING JACKETS

Selling Fast - Limited Sizes & Styles available.

$100 Only
Any jacket in stock regardless of ticket price
We must be mad!"

They need to get mad (crazy) more often !

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fun looking at them Thanks! not sure what the exchange rate is compared to the dollar but prices look to be very high there.
Prices are certainly much higher than you guys are used to.
At the moment, AUD 1.00 = USD 1.0473.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi James6591,

I have really appreciated your participation here on the Ruger Forum. What is the current gun control situation in Australia? I thought some pretty strong restrictions were put on handguns. What is the situation?

Can anyone buy a rifle?
Can anyone buy a pistol?
Do you have open carry?
Do you have concealed carry?
Do you have to obtain a permit to possess a handgun?
What are the current restrictions?

Given that Australia has consistently been one of America's best friends when times got tough, we would all be interested in what Australia is doing in regard to gun ownership.

Regards,
DLBConductor

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi James6591,

I have really appreciated your participation here on the Ruger Forum. What is the current gun control situation in Australia? I thought some pretty strong restrictions were put on handguns. What is the situation?

Can anyone buy a rifle?
Can anyone buy a pistol?
Do you have open carry?
Do you have concealed carry?
Do you have to obtain a permit to possess a handgun?
What are the current restrictions?

Given that Australia has consistently been one of America's best friends when times got tough, we would all be interested in what Australia is doing in regard to gun ownership.

Regards,
DLBConductor
G'Day mate.
No carry at all.
Try these previous threads/posts.
See also the link inside first link (NSW Firearms Registry), very self explanatory.

http://rugerforum.net/tavern/43774-australian-gun-laws.html

http://rugerforum.net/tavern/48056-tough-new-ammo-sales-laws-au.html

Regards.
James.

·
Registered
132 Posts
G'Day mate.
No carry at all.
Try these previous threads/posts.
See also the link inside first link (NSW Firearms Registry), very self explanatory.

http://rugerforum.net/tavern/43774-australian-gun-laws.html

http://rugerforum.net/tavern/48056-tough-new-ammo-sales-laws-au.html

Regards.
James.

Thanks,

My apologies for not seeing the previous posts. Mea Culpa.

Wow, not only are they restrictive, it seems a bit labyrinthian to know all the ins and outs of getting licenses and permits. I am sorry you cannot carry but at least you can get permits for collecting, target, clubs, and varmit hunting.

What rationale did you use to acquire your guns?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the used gun selection At cleavers gun shop, but the prices are crazy high exempt for a Winchester lever in 22mag. that one's hard to find and bargain priced! I have a few of the guns they list, wish I could get the price they are asking.
Yep, this is Australia.....

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It wasnt so much the price of the firearms that shocked me. But the prices for basic hardware like mounts, magazines, etc. Thats the real killer in the long run. But hey what ya gonna do? Were gonna pay for our hobbies one way or another.

Now Id really like to go see that Gun City place. I have to admit Im shocked the worlds largest gun store is in New Zealand. I would have guessed Texas.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I always try to visit a gun shop when i I have visited gun stores in Canada Germany spain France Italy New Zealand Australia. Though Australia and New Zealand were 40 years ago. It is interesting to talk to local gun owners. I have always been welcomed and my attempts at discussing guns in Italian and French were appreciated but drew giggles. I am conversant enough in Spanish and German to get by.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My wife and I have always wanted to go to Australia. I have said in the past "Australia looks beautiful but I couldn't live there because I hear gun laws are to strict." But I see you are allowed lever actions and revolvers my two favorites so I am good.

Thanks for clearing up a misconceptions.

I love how GC shooters call used guns "pre loved" I get what they are trying to say but it just sounds dirty LOL

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have always been welcomed and my attempts at discussing guns in Italian and French were appreciated but drew giggles. I am conversant enough in Spanish and German to get by.
Obviously better than my Italian when I visited Italy recently. :D

My wife and I have always wanted to go to Australia. I have said in the past "Australia looks beautiful but I couldn't live there because I hear gun laws are to strict." But I see you are allowed lever actions and revolvers my two favorites so I am good.

Thanks for clearing up a misconceptions.

I love how GC shooters call used guns "pre loved" I get what they are trying to say but it just sounds dirty LOL
Yep, we just have to get by with what we've got. :D

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Now Id really like to go see that Gun City place. I have to admit Im shocked the worlds largest gun store is in New Zealand. I would have guessed Texas. Hey Dsteele said:
http://www.willsfishingandfirearms.co.nz/shop3/home[/url]
Serious Shooters Gunshop Auckland - Serious Shooters
Sportways Gunshed
NZ's Premier Gun Shop, Auckland Guns | Reloaders
SAI Guns and Ammo
Gun City Firearms Dealer | Paintball | Firearm Accessories | Hunting and Ammunition

And heres a couple of Auction sites Trade me whilst the biggest auction site in NZ is not allowed to deal in restricted weapons as in assault rifles and hand guns only sporting weapons but its worth a look to get a handle on our second hand market our exchange rate as of today is one NZ dollar= US 0.83 and 0.79 Aus.

Hunting & shooting | Sports | Trade Me
GunStuff.co.nz

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Thanks KiwiHunter for sharing your gun sites also, not sure what your exchance rate is either, the prices listed are about 100% to 130% higher than what stuff sells for in the USA with US dollars, are you able to order anything from the USA? I know the US will not allow a lot of gun related items sent out of the country
Hey 6gun some thing are ok to get out of the US ...others aren't...if you want to go through the hassle of permits etc you can usually get most things eventually as long as you have the right Firearms endorsements but its a long winded process fraught with red tape.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts