Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He explained it as a fiber optic/tritium hybrid, where you had the fiber optic for the daytime/low light, and the tritium was planted behind the fiber optic so it would illuminate it in in ultra low/no light conditions. sounds awesome!! but i cannot find such thing on the internet, anyone ever heard of this? if so where can I find it?

(he said around $250 installed, so im trying to go for cheaper)

·
Banned
650 Posts
Tru Glo makes a sight like you are talking about. They may not make a set for your gun. It is not like wrapping a tritium with fiber optic is magic. I have just a plain old Glock night sight. The cheapest night sight you can possibly buy. At night when I wake up from a hard sleep the first thing that catches my eye is the glow of my front sight.

What kind of gun do you have? I need the exact model. I can find the sights you are looking for. $250 is outrageous! Trujicons are under $170.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tru Glo makes a sight like you are talking about. They may not make a set for your gun. It is not like wrapping a tritium with fiber optic is magic. I have just a plain old Glock night sight. The cheapest night sight you can possibly buy. At night when I wake up from a hard sleep the first thing that catches my eye is the glow of my front sight.

What kind of gun do you have? I need the exact model. I can find the sights you are looking for. $250 is outrageous! Trujicons are under $170.
an SP so really I just need the front.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that must be them!! but it doesnt look like they make them for the SP :(

However, when he mentioned they had that, i did a double take "really? for the SP101?" and unless my memory rewrote itself, he said that yes it would work.

He did seem like a really competent gunsmith so maybe he just has his ways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts