1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Can't fault him for speaking the truth.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
yessiree! and if you aint ready now you may have waited too long. annie get your gun and be ready! Dixie gonna bust wide open, yeehaa!

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Lock your doors and load your guns ...

He's just stating what most of us are already doing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's everyday for me, and I turn on my house alarm, too.

I'm happy to see a public official stick to his statement, too. All to often pubic officials are forced to apologize for speaking their mind.

·
Super Moderator
16,253 Posts
Lock your doors and load your guns ...

He's just stating what most of us are already doing.
Agreed ... I can't remember the last time my doors were unlocked and my SD guns were unloaded, and I live in a relatively low crime area. In the last 15 years (small city of a little less than 15,000) we've had a total of 3 murders and have averaged less than 30 burglaries and 10 assaults per year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Words to live by.

·
Registered
717 Posts
California......................
Put a fence around it and charge admission.
Label it the "World's Largest Zoo".

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
In Australia, doors locked, guns unloaded and safely locked up in the safe..... :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
A politician that speaks the truth. Why, I think I just feinted!

Just remember: When seconds count, the gendarmes are only MINUTES away!

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Just remember that police depts are really history centers. They send out highly trained and equipped historians. Who will all strive to faithfully record and determine exactly what happened and by who, depending on the quality of the witnesses. For most crimes, they can't arrest a soul unless THEY see the crime. Good luck with that.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Just remember that police depts are really history centers. They send out highly trained and equipped historians. Who will all strive to faithfully record and determine exactly what happened and by who, depending on the quality of the witnesses. For most crimes, they can't arrest a soul unless THEY see the crime. Good luck with that.
"No one saw me do it and you can't prove a thing" -Bart Simpon.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Doors are always locked.... Firearms are always loaded....

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I live in a California city that still has a police force, although it is smaller than in the past.

Response time to a serious domestic violence attack I saw occurring across the street from me... police arrived 20 minutes after I called 911.
By the time they arrived he had finished his tirade and driven away.

Yes indeed... we are on our own.

Why did I not go over and help? He's about 30 years old and acting crazy. I'm 64 years old (and recovering from major surgery).
No way I could take him in a fight. Not likely he will listen if I tell him to knock it off.
If I carried my loaded gun across the street I would have been arrested for doing so.
So all I could do was stay on the line with the 911 operator and give her a blow by blow account of the action.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I live in a California city that still has a police force, although it is smaller than in the past.

Response time to a serious domestic violence attack I saw occurring across the street from me... police arrived 20 minutes after I called 911.
By the time they arrived he had finished his tirade and driven away.

Yes indeed... we are on our own.

Why did I not go over and help? He's about 30 years old and acting crazy. I'm 64 years old (and recovering from major surgery).
No way I could take him in a fight. Not likely he will listen if I tell him to knock it off.
If I carried my loaded gun across the street I would have been arrested for doing so.
So all I could do was stay on the line with the 911 operator and give her a blow by blow account of the action.
What a gut wrenching situation, and that 20 minutes must have seemed like an eternity! You did the right thing, they probably both would have attacked you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts