Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please share your experience converting a Glock 27 to 9mm using the Lone Wolf 9mm barrel?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
As my opinion, Id say get a 9mm gun seperately and get a .357sig barrel for your 27. When it comes to Lone Wolf, no personal experience but them seem pretty popular

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a G22, and I have the standard 40-9 barrel and I also added the extended/threaded 40-9 barrel with the 40-9 comp on it. Both barrels have been almost flawless. I haven't had many failures even using cheap, weaker 9mm. I am using the G17 mags and I also went with the 11 lbs recoil spring because the .40 spring doesn't let the empties fly far and you end up wearing your brass. I would give my vote for getting any of their conversion barrels.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a G22, and I have the standard 40-9 barrel and I also added the extended/threaded 40-9 barrel with the 40-9 comp on it. Both barrels have been almost flawless. I haven't had many failures even using cheap, weaker 9mm. I am using the G17 mags and I also went with the 11 lbs recoil spring because the .40 spring doesn't let the empties fly far and you end up wearing your brass. I would give my vote for getting any of their conversion barrels.
Also done thier 40-9 on the 22 for shooting lead loads, no problems and thier barrels are first rate! Only problem I have encountered was with a 45ACP barrel on a 21sf with a slightly oversize cast bullet. Sent it back with a couple of dummy rounds and they opened the throat a hair and it works perfectly. Thier match chambers are tight.:)

Note if you send them some non-standard dummy loads when ordering they will make sure it works, also call to see if they have good deals on blems on hand to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I use the Lone Wolf conversion barrel, no problem at all. Just change the barrel, get a 9mm mag, and go shooting. I use the same barrel for my 23 and 27, BTW. Its extra length has not been a problem, either.

·
Registered
268 Posts
my glock 27 has the 357 sig barrel and the 40-9 conversion barrel both work great and have had no problems get yourself a 26 9 mm mag and have fun. so far mine eats everything I've fed it.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
There are several to choose from...KKM, EFK, Bar-Sto, and of course, LWD! If you're going to use it for just plinking, I would highly recommend a LWD...cost is cheaper and reliability is excellent. If you are planning on using it for target or other, I would recommend one of the others!

Good luck...and happy shooting!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought a Lone Wolf barrel for my G19C to eliminate the gasses escaping through the holes in the barrel. I had zero problems & thought it was worth the price.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I have a 23 and bought the 9mm Lone Wolff conv barrell. I bought a lighter weight spring for when I shoot 9mm ( you might not need). Works great no problems like having two guns

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Wolf 9mm in my Glock 27. It is a 4 inch compensated barrel.
Sticks out beyond the slide. It gets alot of looks but I only use it at the range. When I carry it the .40 barrel goes back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your responses. I will order the barrel in upcoming days.

·
Registered
998 Posts
As my opinion, Id say get a 9mm gun seperately and get a .357sig barrel for your 27. When it comes to Lone Wolf, no personal experience but them seem pretty popular
I agree! I have .357Sig barrels for 3 of my .40's, G-27 included. Way I see it, why go down when you can go up! Of course 9mm ammo is much cheaper and recoils less so there could be some advantages. I handload for the .357Sig so price is about the same either way. My Lone Wolf barrel has no appearent advantages over my Glock replacement barrel for accuracy or reliability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts