Ruger Forum banner

Long Range Pursuit

973 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rmichael63 
#1 · (Edited)
If you're on the forum much you should know by now that I love to hunt and shoot at as a long of a distance as I can. Bow hunting is the complete opposite, I like my shots at 15yds or less, my thought process with a bow is, " How close can I get them to come to me before they figure out somethin ain't right".

These two vids are from Gunwerks, the owner is Arron Davidson and his brother Mike who is involved in the operation too. Most of the time they will shoot a 7LRM, (Long Range Magnum) which is a .375 Ruger necked down to 7MM, case capacity is in the 93 to 95 grs range. They guarantee out of the box MOA accuracy at 1400yds. Most have a Nightforce scope with a custom turret on it, the price is around $11K, they also, for another $1500 dollars or so have a ranger finder that is calibrated to the load, which will give you a firing solution as well as correct for angles. I you haven't taken angled shots the straight line yardage and the shoot-to-angle are not the same, bottom line is it could lead to a miss.

This is a two part video, they last abut 22 minutes or so, the first is about the hunt and down time, the second is the actual hunt, Mike takes his sheep at 880yds or so and Arron takes his around 700yds. This is what I like to watch when I can't hunt.

ETA....The 7LRM can drive a 180 Berger at about 3100FPS.

See less See more
Reactions: rmichael63
#2 ·
My dad in his younger days did more than his fair share of groundhog hunting. His 22-250 did what he wanted it to do. Shots at 300 yards plus was what got him excited. One day I hope to have that rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.