Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been over a month now for me, since my last range visit. I found work and have been working 6 days a week and Sundays are my days to recuperate but also due home duties. So hard for me to find time to go shoot. I haven't even shot my new AR! Anyways what's the longest period of time for you guys?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Mid year for about a month.
We were overseas.

Edit: Before that, it was about thirty five years (I've just entered my second childhood).

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
At times a month or two. Try to get out for a little, even if the conditions aren't good. Like this morning, rain. Going anyway.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Up to a year once, due to a couple of major health issues.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to see and know that I'm not alone suffering from withdrawl.

·
Registered
342 Posts
every 3 months i go to someone elses range. no more. im married and very loyal to my promises.
as far as my own range, i cut the grass every 2 weeks and dust the clubhouse.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sometimes a month in really cold weather, but i try to get out and shoot at least every other week. In good weather i sometimes go shooting three times in a week. The range at my club is sheltered so rain is not an issue, it is actually pleasant shooting there in the rain with electronic ear protection that amplifies the sound of the rain.

·
Super Moderator
16,251 Posts
I generally go twice per week, so it's rarely more then a few days in between range sessions.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Only manage once a month in decent weather normally, and with this economy I've had to skip some. Only went five times this year.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,305 Posts
I went five years during the time we lived in South Florida. I sold all of my guns except one when we moved there. I got back into shooting again when we moved back to Oregon. My safe is now full and I need another one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hate to rub it in but, when I feel the urge to shoot, I step out my back door. I have the capability to shoot 100 yrds in my back yard. I shoot the "big" guns 2 or 3 times a week. Usually shoot my 10/22 every day. I haven't been to a "range" in years....

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
44 years.
You have me beat by a few years.
In my case, my last prior visit to the range was in 1977. Then this year I took my Ruger Mark I out of the closet, bought a box of ammo and went back to the same range... so 35 years between visits.

This year the longest time between range visits was 2 months due to surgery and recuperation downtime.:(

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I try to shoot rim-fire weekly 'cause I can shoot at home. Center fire is more difficult 'cause I'm 20 miles from the nearest range, so once every couple months.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Longest time was probably around 3 weeks.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Work responsibilities, family things and the familiar rising cost of ammo tend to interfere with my range visits these days.

Lately it's been about 3-4 weeks between outings. I hate it too :mad:

·
Registered
342 Posts
just shot a 'dillo off my back porch. got to reset the clock......:>

yep, he jumped.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts