Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just got a Kp95DPR and have been putting about 100 rounds or so per week. I have been reloading my own ammo and not going overboard on velocity. I have had it for about 1 month so the math adds up to about 400 rds + so far. My question is if I continue at this pace how long should the gun last without replacing parts? Love it so far no jams or anyrthing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Send it to me and I promise to have my first grandchild get back to you......but seriously, a well made pistol should last for about 3 generations...my first .45 was a 1911 (notA1) made in about 1909, if I remember:D-sure looked that old-not enough bluing to see-and I put a mag release in it and the guy who has it is still shooting...and that was '69....some guys change springs and such often...after so many rounds...I shoot till it stops and replace the bad part(tired part)...you've bought a super reliable weapon that you can expect some maintenance on from time to time, but that should last 100 years...I've not read or heard of anyone shooting the life out of a Ruger....I've got your gun on layaway and it'll be my first 9 in a long time-mine's the older no-rail model...I've heard/read enough here to believe it's the best poly/framed 9 made...don't hold back on how much you shoot it!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a Smith 469 that I bought when they came out – over 20 years ago - and I've run THOUSANDS of rounds through it. I have NEVER changed a thing on this pistol. I change out the magazines every few months, but that's it. Ruger's are known for their durability...you don't have anything to worry about. Enjoy your pistol and shoot the livin' daylights out of it!:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Been years back, but i remember an article in a gun rag about the p95 and a 20,000 round test of
just +P ammo fired thru it. As i recall, no problems and no perceived excess wear.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I bought a great gun and should have little trouble with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Been years back, but i remember an article in a gun rag about the p95 and a 20,000 round test of
just +P ammo fired thru it. As i recall, no problems and no perceived excess wear.
Actually, that was 25,000 rds and there was virtually no wear other than the standard wear patterns. I was there. We were all impressed.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by COFFEE POT

quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Actually, that was 25,000 rds and there was virtually no wear other than the standard wear patterns. I was there. We were all impressed.
Was that runned by guns and ammo? Memory is fading i guess, 25000 is just that much more impressive. I initally turned my nose up at the p95 thinking it was just a plastic competition for glock until i read that article.
Sure speaks highly of the 95 and i rekon the 89 would fare just as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
e P95 is a woderful weapon.. I feel confident in saying I could fir 100 rounds a week thru mine and it would out last me. Just plain great gun.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts