Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all,

A big thank you to everyone who took time out of their busy day to send me a birthday wish. A special thank you to Johngoboom for his colorful post.

This past weekend my wife and I went to a local gun shop to buy some gun powder for my reloading. I was looking at some guns and she said "Oh no! You're not buying another gun. You have enough guns and I want to buy some sewing equipment (my wife is big time into sewing and embroidering). There is a piece of equipment I want that's $2 thousand and that is where the money is going. You are not buying another gun!!" Okay, I get the point.

Sunday night I was joking with her and said "Gee, what did you get me for my birthday?". She told me she had no money so most likely a rock and a stick was I all that I was going to get. Gee whiz, I love you too. Before we retired Sunday night she sat me down on the computer and called up Davidson's Gallery of Guns and said, if you buy one, which one would it be. Well, this is it. I picked it up today.

New Blackhawk, .41 Mag with 4 5/8" barrel. I am not sure I am a fan of the new grips, but that will be an easy fix.

I have a .41 Mag Blackhawk (6" barrel), it's a old 3 screw 4 digit s/n that belonged to my late brother. I enjoy shooting it, but it has a lot of sentimental value so it doesn't come out of the safe all that much. I have wanted a short barrel magnum but thought a .44 just might be a little much. This will be a great woods gun.

By the way, I need this like I need a 41 caliber hole in my head. What the hell.

My wife and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary in December and we are going to Hawaii. I have been there three different times with the military, but she has never been. I suppose my taking her is one reason why I was allowed to get this.

Wives. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That's awesome, congratulations and Happy Birthday!

And happy 30th Anniversary too, that's fantastic. I've been to Hawaii once but I was a kid, I'd like to go back now.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sounds like you have a keeper there. ( I meant your wife ) :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well trained lady...betcha she gets lots of sewing stuff soon!!! Glad for you-.41 is a BAD pill to swallow!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice gun and an even better wife! Maybe you can put that .41 to use on a pig hunt in Hawaii!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Congrats on a fine present!
You are blessed...............a fine wife and a fine weapon!

·
Registered
40 Posts
outstanding .... might have to look about getting one of those also

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I've been trying to convince my wife to get a job and start working again so she can buy me things like that. What a lucky guy. Now you owe her big time!

Oh - And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's way better than what we got you! Oh wait....we didn't get you anything. :D

Great gun! Great wife too! :D
You got me a laugh on that one!:D:D:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's way better than what we got you! Oh wait....we didn't get you anything. :D

Great gun! Great wife too! :D
+1 Happy Birthday, and anniversary wishes. Hope you enjoy the trip to Hawaii. You could always mail me the .41 for safe-keeping while your away... :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You might get a picture of the new sewing machine your going to buy her and show it to her after you get on the boat. Just besure it's the one she wants. Great lady.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts