Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love SA/DA pistols but most are IMO too large and heavy for EDC. So, I'm in search of a SA/DA polymer frame 9mm. So far the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact has my attention. A little iffy in the weight category but size + mag capacity are good. Are there any better choices out there? Just don't like the long trigger pull every single shot with my Sec 9. If my P-85 didn't weigh 34 lbs I'd carry it.

PS- I want a rail

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Polymer, you might want to check out a Walther P99C. Striker with a decocker. Or a CZ 75 PCR, while not polymer, it's one of the most accurate guns I've ever fired. What overall weight were you looking at for an edc?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Sec 9s about 24oz and the Berettas a few oz more. Once you load 16 rds in em, that's about my limit for comfortable carry. I looked at the cz but not the walther. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
819 Posts
JarHead - Just got this S&W SD9mm awhile back . It's really light weight and holds 15 comes with 2 mags . I got it for the wife she seems to like it and shoots it just fine the sights are really friendly and it's easy on the wallet . My son got it for me but The Better Half needed something for CCW

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The Springfield XDE is designed so it can be run DA/SA or SA cocked and locked.
I also have a XDE I like it a lot. Weighs 24 oz
8 plus 1. I carry mine on 1/2 cock safety not engaged. Good luck finding a handgun that fits you. Take your time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry but for a lightweight 9mm EDC DA/SA, I'd drop the DA/SA, then you can do a:

Or a Springfield XDS9, Glock 26, Kahr PM9

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry but for a lightweight 9mm EDC DA/SA, I'd drop the DA/SA, then you can do a:

Or a Springfield XDS9, Glock 26, Kahr PM9
Already got an EC9S, while I do carry it in the summer, I wouldn't compare it to any SA/DA auto. Here comes the boos, but I don't own any Glocks + I intend to keep that position to my grave. Looked at the Springfields, need to look at that Kahr.

·
Registered
847 Posts
When I am not carrying my Glock 22 I a carry a S&W/Walther SW99C in 40. Its the best thing I have found and the most accurate polymer pistol around. Sadly they dont make them anyhmore. Really like the decocker mode on it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Springfield XDE is designed so it can be run DA/SA or SA cocked and locked.
I like this Springfield, but I'm thinkin it would be a better rpl for the EC9 rather than the Sec 9. I looked at CZs before, not sure how this one escaped my notice. Got an eye on it now, THANX!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just checked the Kahr, unless I'm mistaken that's DAO striker fired with a 7 lb trigger pull. Think I'd take the Sec 9 over that.
HK P30SK is a nice choice View attachment 151393
Found this model a little small for my likin, but it's bigger brother the P30 is PERFECT! I'm a southpaw and all the ambidextrous features are a real plus. Appreciate the heads up, this one's got my name on it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
It is always tough finding that balance between weight, capacity, feel, and manual of arms. Take your time; fins a range where you can rent some of the above and shoot as many as possible. Even feeling the trigger in a showroom is not the same as live fire.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is always tough finding that balance between weight, capacity, feel, and manual of arms. Take your time; fins a range where you can rent some of the above and shoot as many as possible. Even feeling the trigger in a showroom is not the same as live fire.
That's a fact! And in today's market, seems like I'm always settling for less than what I want. So my mind is telling me to wait + my body's telling me I'll be dead by then! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts