Ruger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have four 9mm pistols: Taurus 709 Slim, FMK 9C1G2, Beretta 92FS, and a Canik TP9FS. The Canik has the best trigger by far of the 4, but I like the feel of the FMK the best. All have shot fine but the Taurus being so small just doesn't seem to be as accurate as the other 3 at 10 yds.
Yeah, had a Slim, gave it to my son + told him for best results, throw it! Never shot a Canik, but lousy triggers are what prompted this search. I'll have to give one a try. Love the Mod 92, just more gun than I care to lug around daily.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Let's get real here. NO polymer handguns have a trigger close to a finely tuned 1911.

If you want a great trigger, check out a check out a ultra compact 1911 like a Springfield EMP.

But for a polymer DA/SA:

If it's for carry and RELIABILITY, I stick with these in my lightweight CCWs:
Ruger
Beretta
Glock
Sig Sauer
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory

Reactions: Phish

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Let's get real here. NO polymer handguns have a trigger close to a finely tuned 1911.

If you want a great trigger, check out a check out a ultra compact 1911 like a Springfield EMP.

But for a polymer DA/SA:

If it's for carry and RELIABILITY, I stick with these in my lightweight CCWs:
Ruger
Beretta
Glock
Sig Sauer
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory
Some great guns on that link, but findin em a little rough. really like the Sig.

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The 605 I got now is butt ugly + shoots great! So I figure, same great SA trigger, little longer barrel, ported, with 2 extra rds + stainless steel for under $500 was a bargain. They had a Ruger SP101, 2 bills more, 2 rds less, and DA only. Just couldn't reconcile that deal. NOT what I was shoppin for, but it looked so cute in the window, had to bring it home (tomorrow)! ;) BTW, thanx for the warning, don't have any ported pistols.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Beretta PX4 Storm.
Was hopin I'd get to see/handle one today when I PU the Tracker, but the only Beretta in stock now is a puny .22lr.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well it's KEWL! Great feel + sight picture. Gonna need a little break in time for the action, but it's smooth as silk, far better than my 605 when it was new. Phish, I don't think I got that ribby grip you hate. This looks like something new to me + I like it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That’s pretty and all, but a most unusual looking SA/DA polymer framed 9mm.
You'll have that when yah give a Jarhead a credit card + turn him loose in a gun store! :cool:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts