Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like the SP101 4.2". Adjustable sights and a service length barrel on a frame compact enough for CC, and it's tough enough for the trail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LCR-.357 mag, love it and carry it daily. Very concealable, light weight and accurate for a snub.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I would have to agree with VA27.

The SP is small enough to conceal and big enough to handle the magnum loads.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I vote the SP101 3.06" as the best balance between concealability & accuracy. All of the SP101 .357 Magnums are great revolvers, though. You really can't make a bad choice.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I vote the SP101 3.06" as the best balance between concealability & accuracy. All of the SP101 .357 Magnums are great revolvers, though. You really can't make a bad choice.
I agree.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have often heard the SP 101three inch described as a "trail gun" I chose it for CC. I didn't realize how much company I had!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm going to go diansaur on you & suggest looking for a nice 4" Security Six. I think that's one of the best .357s Ruger has ever come up with. It's not as concealable in summer when minimal clothing is worn, but for every other season it's a good choice!
Let us know what you decide!
Frank

·
Registered
234 Posts
How about a security or service or speed six. Very nice revolvers. You would have to buy used though.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
+1 for SP101 in 3".
GP 100 is a fine revolver, its my next gun. But it'll be my home defense and range gun.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I dont have an SP, but i would say that would be what you want, the LCR is great for cc, but accuracy ???, what distance are you talking about ?
The LCR is great very short range, 15 ft or so.
I also have the GP, great for accuracy, but not so much for cc.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts