Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mk ii bolt wont lockback on the last round.
So i'm looking for a new bolt stop and bolt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I have three magazines and it will lockback with no ammo in the magazine but not after the last round.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
yes I have three magazines and it will lockback with no ammo in the magazine but not after the last round.
Confused.....
Also, Ruger will not sell a bolt only.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Most likely all you need is the stop, not the bolt! When I bought my mk 10 it wouldn't stay open with-out a magazine in it. Ordered stop and bolt, didn't need the bolt!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
My very new Mark III Hunter has the same issue. I have not been able to figure out what it is. Definitely not a magazine issue because all 12 magazines the same and with the same magazines 2 other Marks lock back fine.

Let me know if you figure out what it is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just in case

I read a recent post somewhere--OP had same problem. He replaced the bolt stop and still no bolt hold open after last shot. He saw that the bolt area where bolt stop hit it was rounded--he filed it flat and had no further problems. Bolt hold open worked great.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My very new Mark III Hunter has the same issue. I have not been able to figure out what it is. Definitely not a magazine issue because all 12 magazines the same and with the same magazines 2 other Marks lock back fine.

Let me know if you figure out what it is.
Redleg
Have you broken it down and gave it a good cleaning around the bolt stop. I've read on other posts that their bolt stop was sticking because of gunk around the bolt stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts