Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Looking to buy a Ruger LCP2. So far the cheapest I've found it in local stores is for $269. Any recomendations on where to purchase would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello! Looking to buy a Ruger LCP2. So far the cheapest I've found it in local stores is for $269. Any recomendations on where to purchase would be appreciated. Thank you!
That is the best you will do because you will have to pay an FFL a transfer fee and possibly shipping cost

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Do a search on the internet. Budsgunshop is a good one. Buy online and it will ship to an authorized FLL of your choice for you to pick it up. Also you can look for exact model you want. Five of my guns were bought online way cheaper than I could get them anywhere at a store.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I try to buy locally from a store that discounts its guns......usually there are not additional transfer/FFL fees. I usually check with Rural King first, but if lived near Columbus I would check with Vances.

Since you don't give a location, guess you may be "on your own."

·
Premium Member
14,151 Posts
Always add in FFL fees and handling/shipping. That is a pretty decent gun.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Special price @ R.K. is $239.99 with no SH/FFL.....plus state tax.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is it Easy To Rack

I want one for my girlfriend an wonder how hard it is to rack. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those turn up on sale Kentucky Gun co or Buds every couple months at the least. Both offer free shipping. You can do far better than those local prices. I’ve seen them down to $169 fairly often. You can just subscribe for email notifications and watch the weekly or so sales. Search their database of FFLs who have registered with them in your area. Give em each a ring see if they charge sales tax and or give discounts for veterans if applicable. Our local best deal is 25 / vet 35 non vet no sales tax.
I’ve bough 3 guns through those two places and it’s always easy as pie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Buy local or the local FFL's won't be there when you need them!

Honestly who says you need them? If you have any issues you simply post it back to Ruger for repair via FedEx all by yourself. You get it back directly with no FFL involvement. No problems even here in The People’s Republic of NewYork.
Ordering yourself let’s you shop sales which are very frequent especially from those sources I mentioned above. LCPs are probably not only a great deal , they just happen to be on sale constantly is one wants to look around .

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honestly who says you need them? If you have any issues you simply post it back to Ruger for repair via FedEx all by yourself. You get it back directly with no FFL involvement. No problems even here in The People’s Republic of NewYork.
Ordering yourself let’s you shop sales which are very frequent especially from those sources I mentioned above. LCPs are probably not only a great deal , they just happen to be on sale constantly is one wants to look around .

If you don't support your LGS if they are not ripping you off you are no better than the scumbag corporation's that outsourced jobs to China and Mexico to save a few dollars in hourly labor costs. What are you going to do when the feds pass a law that will require you to have an FFL to ship a firearm and there is one with one near you?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
If you don't support your LGS if they are not ripping you off you are no better than the scumbag corporation's that outsourced jobs to China and Mexico to save a few dollars in hourly labor costs. What are you going to do when the feds pass a law that will require you to have an FFL to ship a firearm and there is one with one near you?

And is your CZ made in the US?

·
Registered
118 Posts
And is your CZ made in the US?
No it's not. In 2003 when I purchased it CZ Didn't mfg. in the USA. It's a Czechoslovakian company, not a US company producing goods overseas to save money. The US competition for a DA/SA pistol did not have the quality, ergos or features of the CZ-P01. It's a superior product compared to the competition available at that time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rural King (rkguns) has been my goto place the last several years. I have a local store 5 mins away and they always have a great deal of inventory of ammo/rifles/pistols in stock.
I see they have an LCP II online for sale at $260.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Here’s an idea pal. You do what you want and anybody else can do it their way. It’s as simple as that. The OP is free to do it whichever way he pleases not bullied or shamed into someone else’s preferences.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here’s an idea pal. You do what you want and anybody else can do it their way. It’s as simple as that. The OP is free to do it whichever way he pleases not bullied or shamed into someone else’s preferences.

Speaking of bullying....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts