Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly I know little about scopes, but would like a scope that is within my meager budget. I have a 10/22 I purchased at Walmart, SS barrel, black receiver and black synthetic stock with scope rail. My basic criteria:
1. Under $100
2. Able to still use fixed sights
3. Available at Walmart, prefer, but not set-in-stone
I have read a good bit about scopes here and there and still not sure. Appreciate your patience and input with this no doubt much written about subject.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think they have them at Wal-Mart but for $40 on Amazon you can get a BSA sweet 22 3-9x40. it uses target style turrets pre set for elevation, they work great. As for the iron sights the scope doesn't matter as much as getting see threw rings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had good luck with bottom line Bushnell scopes. I've got a 3-9x40 bushnell on my .22, and it works pretty good for plinking and shooting tree rats. If you're wanting to use the iron sights too, you can get the see through mounts.

Ironsighter 1 See-Thru Weaver-Style Rings Matte

The rings will look something like this. Just make sure they're able to mount to a weaver rail, which comes with the gun. You should be able to get out the door for about $60.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have one of the BSA Sweet 22 scopes and it is a great little scope. I was using it on my S&W M&P 15-22. I have Konus 4x32 on my 10-22 TD and it is a great little scope. I ordered it from Amazon. That particular scope fit my TD and allowed it to fit in the pack.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I picked up a Simmons 4X that I use on my mini 14. It was about $50. Originally I was going to mount it on my marlin model 60 but ended up with a cheap $16 Tasco from wally world that works just fine.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
While i am NOT a fan of see through rings for many reasons, they should be cheap to pick up. I have had GREAT luck with the Bushnell 4x40mm rimfire scopes they sell at walmart on my .22's, they come with mounts already (not see through) but for the $30 they cost you can easily spend a little more of you budget on another set of rings. I am not sure how easy it will be looking for a set of high rings for a 3/8" grooved reciever used on .22's though. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Admittedly I know little about scopes, but would like a scope that is within my meager budget. I have a 10/22 I purchased at Walmart, SS barrel, black receiver and black synthetic stock with scope rail. My basic criteria:
1. Under $100
2. Able to still use fixed sights
3. Available at Walmart, prefer, but not set-in-stone
I have read a good bit about scopes here and there and still not sure. Appreciate your patience and input with this no doubt much written about subject.
I would check out Cabela's online. I continually find very good deals well below $100.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a CenterPoint (sold at Walmart 59.99) on my 10/22. I'm pretty happy with it. For iron sights, you will need different rings.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank each and everyone of you! I am leaning strongly towards the BSA sweet 22 3-9x40 and the high profile rings I see on Amazon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a NcStar SC632B on my 10/22. Bought it at a gun show 3 years ago for about $32.00. And for the money it's a decent scope. I would say I've shot easily 2000 rounds and has yet to lose zero. Excellent groups too. And it's a light scope. Won't add weight to your 10/22. Last time I looked Optics Planet had them for $29.00???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts