Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched far and wide and have come up empty. Anyone have any suggestions? Used/new mags for sale?

All advice appreciated!

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
380 Posts
from what I've read the MK1 mags are able to work in the Standard without modification. I've also read that MK2 mags will work but you have to swap the thumb button in the left side of the follower over to the right. seems like a lot for jusr one more round. here's the same mags I've purchased for my father's MK1.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Did you check eBay? I would certainly look around before I paid $40 for one. Switching the mag follower button is a simple matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you check eBay? I would certainly look around before I paid $40 for one. Switching the mag follower button is a simple matter.
I did check ebay. They're pretty spendy there as well. Also, I have read mixed reviews with regard to switching the follower button on a mark I or II mag. Some say it works fine and others say it doesn't.

I'll work it out one way or another.

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mags are pretty scarce right now, and most that you can find have very inflated prices.

The biggest problem with moving a MKII mag button to the right side is the button is a bit larger than a MKI mag button. That makes it impossible to insert the mag into some A54 frames. If it goes in, there's no problem. Of course, you can always file/grind the button down a little to make it fit.

Most places selling MKII mags currently show "out of stock" anyway. But there are some places with MKIII/MKIV mags "in stock". The target style buttons are smaller than the MKII buttons and should work fine in a A54 frame. The issue with the MKIII/MKIV mags is the pushed out ledge that catches on the push-button release. But that ledge can be pushed back in, or be ground off. Then these mags will work fine.

Here's a place that has these new mags in stock. $35 for 2 mags would sure work better for me than $40 for 1 mag.

2 Pack Ruger Mark III & IV .22LR 10-Round Magazine

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have searched far and wide and have come up empty. Anyone have any suggestions? Used/new mags for sale?

All advice appreciated!

Cheers

Bob
I have a standard from about that same time frame. I believe any 9 rd mark I magazine will work. I think I have purchased three of them, they all work fine. I believe the last one I bought was from gunmagwarehouse com.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a standard from about that same time frame. I believe any 9 rd mark I magazine will work. I think I have purchased three of them, they all work fine. I believe the last one I bought was from gunmagwarehouse com.

I'll check their website. Thanks!

·
Registered
707 Posts

Same store as my link, but the mark I mags are out of stock.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Classic Firearms & Parts has a few different variations of Mark I magazines types in stock. I am not sure what is meant by pre-A100/A100 styles, but maybe one is what you are looking for. The link is for all of the Mark I parts. You will need to scroll down to get to the magazines.

Ruger Mark I Pistol Parts (cfnparts.com)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Lucked out last summer and got 5 of the old original Ruger steel based for $19.00 each on eBay, prices are crazy now at some selling for $120 or more!
The most I paid was $49 for some still in the original box. Even found some with the follower on one side for my 1954 Standard and MKI. Didn't realize the the prices had gotten so crazy.
Not to fond of the newer Ruger replacements with the plastic follower and base. Good luck on your search.
Rectangle Font Stationery Metal Auto part

Rectangle Gas Box Font Magenta

Grey Bumper Automotive exterior Composite material Electric blue

Bumper Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior Wood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts