Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am in need of a good quality gun belt. I plan on carrying a 4 inch GP 100 OWB and a glock 19 IWB. A friend has a nice belt, the Ares Aegis, but I do not want to spend over $100 at this time. Any input or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you're not looking to spend over $100, then you might want to pass on this one:

https://www.armourbelts.com/

However, regarding a quality gunbelt, my advice is not to be penny wise and dollar foolish. The way I see it, buying a $40 belt that is inferior, only to buy another $40 belt which also doesn't work and then finally getting the $100 dollar belt, ultimately cost you $180. Furthermore, I'm not sure you can expect the same customer service from a low-end manufacturer as you can from a quality vendor. "Mike" at Armour was exceedingly helpful when I asked him what, if anything, could be done with one of his belts that I absolutely loved but no longer fit because of significant weight loss. He suggested returning it to be "re-cut" - giving it a new lease on life. I could not have been more pleased.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're not looking to spend over $100, then you might want to pass on this one:

https://www.armourbelts.com/

However, regarding a quality gunbelt, my advice is not to be penny wise and dollar foolish. The way I see it, buying a $40 belt that is inferior, only to buy another $40 belt which also doesn't work and then finally getting the $100 dollar belt, ultimately cost you $180. Furthermore, I'm not sure you can expect the same customer service from a low-end manufacturer as you can from a quality vendor. "Mike" at Armour was exceedingly helpful when I asked him what, if anything, could be done with one of his belts that I absolutely loved but no longer fit because of significant weight loss. He suggested returning it to be "re-cut" - giving it a new lease on life. I could not have been more pleased.

That is a good point. That sounds like great customer service. I'll have to look into them. Thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't bought one yet, but saw someone recommend these. The price looks great.
Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping
I second Hanks Amish "Gunner" belts. For around $40 you can't go wrong. I have both a brown and a black "Eagle " model and they support my fully loaded SR1911 CMD with no problem. Love these belts. Even my better half gave them her stamp of approval.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a heavy leather belt from Bianchi and a Wilderness Instructor belt. The Bianchi was a little over 50.00, the other under 50.00. Both are good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have 2 Hank's and they are pretty good. I did have an issue with the sizing being too small even though I followed their guideline. They did exchange them right away with no problems, so A+ for customer service.

Also A Simple Leather Belt Co. - Home
Although the name is deceiving, but they are built to last. Many good reviews online.

Both company's belts utilize Chicago Screws so you can install a custom belt buckle if that's your thing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wilderness Instructor Belt, I just sent mine back to Wilderness after wearing it everyday for the past 9 years. Since I purchased my Instructor belt with the titanium buckle they gave me a $60 credit toward a new belt using my old buckle. The belt was not really worn and I probally could have worn it the rest of my life, but I wanted a new one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I just ordered a Victory belt from Mean Gene Leather. Gene has been great to deal with. It is a leather belt with the Ares Aegis Buckle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts