Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Ruger,
the title says it all - as a "newbie" to the realm of wheelguns, which I have entered with a '73 blued Security Six in .357, I am at a loss for what folks "go to" in terms of holster/belt rigs. My prior handguns have always been some semiauto or another, which has been simple enough to set up with holsters.

I have not found local used ex-police rigs anywhere, nor on the interwebs - I will keep looking.

However, for new made stuff, what ideas do yall have?
Thanks!
Adam

·
Registered
534 Posts
Anything that a Smith and Wesson "K" frame revolver should work.
A buddy used a Holster from Ruger that fit a g100/4" and said it worked just fine.
Not really hard to find one that fits. Problem is there's so many out there to chose from!:D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Anything that a Smith and Wesson "K" frame revolver should work.
A buddy used a Holster from Ruger that fit a g100/4" and said it worked just fine.
Not really hard to find one that fits. Problem is there's so many out there to chose from!:D
For me, there was no joy until I found enough forward cant in the Desantis 001 14. The Security Six, or any square butt, was not designed for concealed carry, so these guns need to ride with pronounced forward cant to pull the grip in, out of your shirt. This holster is one that specifically names the Ruger Sixes as a fit but does indeed also mention S&W K-frame along with Colt Police Positive, all 4". My note says it does not fit the Match Champion, mine having adjustable sights.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Two words: Simply Rugged.

They have some of the best hand made in the U.S.A. holsters I have ever used.

Give them a look, I think you will find what you are looking for on their website.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
adam as just mentioned any good holster that you like that will fit a S&W K frame sized revolver will fit your Ruger Security Six. I know be cause at one time I had a 6 inch blued Security Six & my current S&W K frame Model 17 both fit the same Safari Land 6 inch leather holster with no problems. Good luck to you!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holster ideas

Thanks for the quick feedback, everyone - appreciated! Now I know what to be looking for!

Adam

·
Registered
150 Posts

Give them a look, I think you will find what you are looking for on their website.
+1. Sourdoughs for my Rugers. Silverdollars for my J frames.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sourdough is probably number one on my short list - thanks for the ideas, guys.

Adam

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
holster ideas

I have a 72' 4" Security Six and I use a Bianchi Black Widow holster with a foward cant. I love how it sits high on my waist and is very concealable. It was about 50 bucks, but we'll worth it.
Like!
Plus, your '72 SS is the spittin' image of my '73 - nice gun, nice rig!

Adam

·
Registered
71 Posts
Uncle Mikes makes a decent nylon holster .
Have you considered making your own ? Tandy leather has some cheap starter kits for holsters and they're not bad. Good to practice with. Lots of patience but lots of satisfaction also.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought this Galco Combat Master a couple of years ago for my GP100 4".They are a little pricey but very nice leather.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
simply rugged holster/belt came today!

Dude - appreciated your feedback, wanted to post that the USPS dropped off my plain jane (tan without any extras!) sourdough pancake holster, 1.75" tan belt, and tan "quick strips" pouch this morning. Will post pics of the gun and setup after the holidays.

Thanks to my wife for a great Christmas gift! Simply Rugged quality is great!

take care & happy holidays to all.

Adam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts