Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are looking for info or feedback on a mk II with a 10' bull barrel SS.
we got at the gunshow

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Don't know much about the 10" Mk II other than they're kind of rare. I would think with an optic, it would be decent for small game hunting with the longer barrel. I think Joker used its revolver cousin in the 1989 Batman movie...

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
MK IIs are very desirable at this time because they lack all the lawyer proofing features that were added when Ruger went to the MK III. Same basic gun, in other words, without some of the extra safety features that were added to make the MK III. Given that a lot of devoted Mark users don't care for those extra features on the MK III, used prices of the MK II are fairly high, in some cases as high as a new MK III.

The 10 inch barrel also disappeared with the advent of the MK III. That barrel length has long been a favorite of those who like to use their MK II for long range shooting, varmint hunting and so on. Typically, a 10" barrel will command a bit higher price.

All in all, you picked up a fine, quite desirable Mark pistol. Congrats. Be warned, though, that these older Marks are quite addictive and all the more so, once you start to shoot them. Most of us can't stop at just one. I have five. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The 10" barrel does seem a bit long as far as the balance of the handgun but I find it much easier to shoot well

·
Registered
27 Posts
I aggree with Country Girl. I just picked onn up and get enough of it!!

Can someone tell me how to post pictures on here? I'm clueless..lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry I took 1/2 hour of my life to "have to" register with Ruger for this forum. Ruger does niot seem to have a solution for my search for a Ruger Mark II SS 10 inch pistol, .22 cal or a source for an upper assembly (10" barrel) for my MKII pistol. //signed// Charles W. Curtis Jr. ([email protected])

·
Registered
672 Posts
Charles,

Hopefully one of the Moderators will respond and explain that this is not a forum owned by Ruger. It is a forum set up primarily by and for Ruger owners. If you could explain in more detail what you are looking for I'm sure someone here can help you.

....and welcome to the forum.

HSG

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a blued 10" mark 2. How many were made? My serial# came out in June 1995. I read the 10" debut was 1984. Any help welcome!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
we are looking for info or feedback on a mk II with a 10' bull barrel SS.
we got at the gunshow
WOW!! Wouldn't a 10 foot barrel be a bit hard to control? Gives a nice long site line though. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts