Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time here on rugerforum. I've got this Ruger SP101 that is very unique. I can't seem to find any information on it whatsoever. I'm told it was made for the Department of State. The catalog # is KSP-821DOS. It's a 5 shot 38 special with a 2 1/4 inch barrel. It is double action only and has a strange "commander" hammer that resembles that of a 1911. It is polished stainless. Not sure if the polishing was done by a gun smith or if it came this way? ANY info is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
CDNN Sports was selling them a couple of years ago, I am still pissed because I did not grab one. I heard the commander style hammer was to keep from snagging on your clothes. This revolver was intended to be carried in an under arm shoulder holster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CDNN Sports was selling them a couple of years ago, I am still pissed because I did not grab one. I heard the commander style hammer was to keep from snagging on your clothes. This revolver was intended to be carried in an under arm shoulder holster.
Thanks for the info! Do you remember what they were going for by any chance? I have no idea what it's value is. Not sure if i should be carrying it and shooting it or keeping it locked in a glass case

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Thanks for the info! Do you remember what they were going for by any chance? I have no idea what it's value is. Not sure if i should be carrying it and shooting it or keeping it locked in a glass case
I do not remember what they were selling for but I think it was in the mid $300 range(because they were .38 special only?) and there were a limited quantity involved. As far as shooting it I would not own a handgun that I would not shoot. I would like to have that commander style on all four of my SP101's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts