Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much explains it all. I have been a part time cartridge collector since childhood. And I am only 27, so I have a long ways to go. The reason I am even starting this discussion is because of a score I made at a local garage sale. I picked up three out of the four "Savage" family of cartridges. They are all old, but the best example is the 22 Savage High-Power. It is headstamped "W.R.A. Co--22 HP". I am very pleased to add them to the collection.

I have various ammo books, such as "cartridges of the world", and also the "encyclopedia of ammo, 4th ed." But I was wondering if there are any books authored more about ammunition companies, and dates of different headstamps. There seems to be quite a bit of variation in the older cartridges. And it would be slick if there are some books out there dealing with this information. Thanks everyone for reading this, and maybe some of you smarter forum members can point me in the right direction!

-DesertRat

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks paul.

I added to the bookmarks. Only had a chance to skim over it. But it looks like a lot of great information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts