Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I am looking for some ideas for an IWB holster for my SP-101 357 Mag w/2.25" barrel. I really like my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 that I carry my Glock 26 in. Unfortunately they don't make them for revolvers. I Can get their original Cloak Tuck for it. Do any of you guys have experience with the Version 1.0? Or other brands to look at? Thanks.

DesertRat

·
Registered
72 Posts
I carry my sp101 in a bianchi 100 leather iwb holster. Its comfortable and durable. Sorry I can't help with your alien gear question.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like the looks of the crossbreed. I also should have mention that I prefer a full-size IWB holster with two belt clips. That style just works better for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My holster for my SP101 with that same short barrel is a Simply Rugged pancake with removable inside the pant straps. I mostly wear it outside the pants but the inside the pants straps work well also. I have a lot of Simply Rugged holsters.

·
Super Moderator
21,673 Posts
I do like the looks of the crossbreed. I also should have mention that I prefer a full-size IWB holster with two belt clips. That style just works better for me.
The crossbreed which has two clips, spreads the weight of the SP over a wide area of the belt. If you have a good stiff belt then it carries easily with it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will get one coming. I trust my glock 100%. But my SP is freakishly accurate. At both 7 and 15 yards, offhand double action it doesn't group any wider than the 9 ring. It is one of my favorite revolvers. I guess my last question would be should I spend the extra $15 for the horse leather? I read that it offers protection against perspiration?

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
If I was going to buy either a IWB or OWB Simply Rugged offers a interesting option a OWB that has leather straps with the snaps so the holster can be used both IWB & OWB might want to do a online check.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a Don Hume IWB for my SP 101 and one for my P345,excellent molded leather holsters and have a super strong steel spring.They're very comfy too, don't ride too high or sit too low.

·
Super Moderator
21,673 Posts
I think I will get one coming. I trust my glock 100%. But my SP is freakishly accurate. At both 7 and 15 yards, offhand double action it doesn't group any wider than the 9 ring. It is one of my favorite revolvers. I guess my last question would be should I spend the extra $15 for the horse leather? I read that it offers protection against perspiration?
I have both cow hide and horse hide versions, cow for the SP and horse for my P94 and don't see a whole lot of difference. I don't carry the P series a lot due to weight so don't have a lot of useful experience to pass on about it. I typically have a t-shirt between my skin and the holster and a covering garment over it. If it's too warm for the covering garment then I'm pocket carrying my S&W 642.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I use a UBG Canute for my SP101. The holster it's my SP101 2" and my LCR. Used snaps, so it loops around belt and snaps closed. I like it better than clips and still easily removed. I used UBG for a lot of my guns. I also like the Silver Dollar from simply ruger for OWB

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
After truing a few different ones for mine I went with a Mitch Rosen Workman - the original tuckable and have been more than happy with it since. That was 17 or 18 years ago. Still fantastic fit and finish on this little gem.
Remember a GOOD belt as well.

·
Banned
1,940 Posts
I've been very happy with foxx IWB hybrid holsters. They don't cost much and the leather and kydex quality seems very good. I probably have 7 or 8 holsters from them.
Foxx Holsters, LLC Carry, Conceal, Comfort! ? Foxx Holsters LLC

Another great holster is a Theis holster. They cost a little more than Foxx, but they are really good holsters. I use one with their ECR Viridian Laser Ready Holsters where it automatically turns on the Viridian green C5L laser and strobing light when I draw my glock 19.

https://theisholsters.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XD1ZKER80

·
Registered
23 Posts
aliengear

As the title states, I am looking for some ideas for an IWB holster for my SP-101 357 Mag w/2.25" barrel. I really like my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 that I carry my Glock 26 in. Unfortunately they don't make them for revolvers. I Can get their original Cloak Tuck for it. Do any of you guys have experience with the Version 1.0? Or other brands to look at? Thanks.

DesertRat
Not sure what the 3.0 vs the 2.0 is but here is a link for the aliengear 2.0 for the sp101; Holsters for Ruger SP101

1 - 18 of 18 Posts