Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello looking for the original trijon night sight that has the stock profile with insert machines in for no snagging. I am new here but been searching sight. I have a new Dao snub with 11# hammer spring and shim kit with polish job I did and now am a sp101 ccw carrier and although I like stock sites I would like something for in the dark
Thanks alot

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Meprolight makes a tritium front sight for the SP101 that looks like a standard Ruger blade installed backwards. It's brighter than the Trijicon lamps would be anyway, and it's lower profile than th XS dot and big dot sights that use Trijicon lamps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been looking at that sight but still want to try the original trij because it is ramped for no chance of snagging. That will be the one I get if I can't find the ramped trij. I bought this pistol as a fast draw pistol and want no chance of snag more than the brighter light that's on the mepro. Does seem like best value. I am hoping to find someone who didn't like there's or an nos one.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
The Ruger SP101 you can get the Meprolight or the XS dot. What I found out is the SP101 takes the same sight blade that's also used ih the Ruger P series semi-auto pistols. At least this is what I found out when looking up what works. Now I haven't done the install but it would involve knocking out the pin removing the original sight blade install the new sight blade then put in a new pin. I did this on my Ruger LCRX installed the Hi-Viz front sight blade. Looks like tjironhorse or Varminterror might be able to help you out. My 2 current SP101's I have just painted on bright green glow in the dark paint fluorescent green. No not like a tritium night sight but the best for now. My one thought is a XS dot front sight blade but not the big dot. Is your SP101 a .357/.38 ? I can find front sight blade for the .357/.38 but so far no luck on my SP101 3 inch barreled .327FM. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't like the rounded dots be to honest. I did put on ice here dot in stock sights with dremel and nail polish. Been thinking of glow in dark paint if I can't find original trij sights.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wise man thanks a lot that looks like it gives me a couple extra options. Has anyone used phopherus paint or tape? Accually order a green paint because if I don't use it on this I have several older pistols that may benifit. Wondering if and orange phosphate tape with a hole from my hole punches to go place I dremeled out for the green paint will work. I'll try to add a pic for reference to my sight modification. Was shooting today and find that I am slow on follow up shots and getting tunnel vision tring to find the sight today with the bad overcast but was nice enough to go for bike ride afterwards. Cant complain normally the road are covered by salt by now and he temps 30 degrees cooler. I am finding that reloading accurate #2 is very economical and fun to shoot out of the snubnose in 357. If that helps anyone who wants to practice a lot. When I get a crono may experiment with a similair round because I find everything I load with it is a pleasure to shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glow paint work if I didn't leave it in iwb all the time, my experiment is ok but not to the point I want it. the mepro may seem to be the best option what material are they? Aluminum? And how does it affect poa compared to stock. Here's new version I created. Never mind couldn't get it to allow photo look the same as before with green glow-on and some clear on top. Work nice during day light still. Also what are the benefit of the xs round front sights. And in low light do you still get a good sight pic I am just so conditioned to use the tradition fo sights I read that with xs sights you pic is way different. Thanks again for any help. i have a laser light combo for my home defense Cz p07 but find myself still ignoring it since I have a light and sight out lines. When using laser only does it affect your trigger pull or hand placement do to focusing on laser and the grip to operate laser

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just dropped an XS in mine. Took 10 minutes. You'll need a 1/16" punch, bit, and fine file.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts