Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry I ambushed someone else's thread about my grips. But if anybody has a extra set of XR3 Red grips laying around, I would be glad to take them off your hands. They will be going on a 1968 30 Carbine revolver. Thanks for a great forum and some great people here.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey guys, sorry I ambushed someone else's thread about my grips. But if anybody has a extra set of XR3 Red grips laying around, I would be glad to take them off your hands. They will be going on a 1968 30 Carbine revolver. Thanks for a great forum and some great people here.
Is that the same grip frame as the new model single six guns? Always some confusion with grips frames and designations.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Altamont still has some on clearance $20 shipped no tax when I ordered last. The laminates are pretty nice and fit well in my experience. The ones listed for Blackhawk are for the XR3-Red. They are current supplier to Ruger corp. These are the super walnut

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
If you want the authentic grips the OM 30 Carb BH was shipped with, they would be the standard walnut XR3-RED with a chrome eagle "SR" medallion.

Here's my OM 30 Carb BH:

Reactions: Rocdoc

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are those Lett grips on the 30 Carbine? Do you know what years Lett was supplier to Ruger?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
The
Lett, W. F. Manufacturing, Inc. located in Hopkinton, New Hampshire was the primary grip supplier for Ruger, starting in 1955. Bill Lett was an old friend of Bill Ruger. He died and there was no one left to run the business so in 2010, Altamont became the grp maker for Ruger. There was about a two year gap between Lett grips and Altamont grips so Ruger used Hogue grips for some models.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Altamont still has some on clearance $20 shipped no tax when I ordered last. The laminates are pretty nice and fit well in my experience. The ones listed for Blackhawk are for the XR3-Red. They are current supplier to Ruger corp. These are the super walnut

View attachment 154898

I just ordered a set for my Wrangler.

Reactions: Rocdoc
1 - 8 of 8 Posts