Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
I like the Spikes tactical and Daniel defense LPKs, I bought one DPMS kit and thought the quality was not very good, the trigger and hammer were pretty soft. I have 5 of the Delaware Machinery lowers from RGuns, they seem to be of good quality. Midway puts the DPMS uppers on sale frequently and they seem to be good (Ihave a 20" heavy barrel and a 16" carbine upper from them) I also bought a RRA NM trigger group that I like. What you buy depends on what you want to do with the rifle.

· Registered
102 Posts
I do not own an AR-15, yet. But a good freind of mine as one made by Colt. Ive looked at several for purchase in the .223, and Im going to spend at least $1300 at what Im looking for. However, my buddy has told me that building one is much less expensive. He has informed that I need to start with a quality receiver, and go from there. As I learn about this, Ill chime in with pics. Hope you do the same.
I am right across the river, I could probably loan you the tools you need when you are ready if you dont already have them.

· Registered
102 Posts
I wish I had read this before I found a good deal on those RGuns stripped lowers. The price was nice and I figuired what the hell but now I read all kinds of good and bad on these lowers. I figuired one for a Xmas present and the other for a cheap first build with a parts kit. Is there any way to tell if these are mil spec at least? Maybe a few messurements I can take before I sell it. The thing looks like it was machined well, no tool marks everything looks straight etc. I don't care about rummors, is this a good lower for a basic econo AR build? And how do you tell if its not, I guess if my parts don't fit, I'm gonna try a build anyway but a heads up is great. Thanks
I have three of the Delaware Machine lowers completed and two more that are still bare. Two went together with no problem whatsoever, one only required a little filing one the edge near the rear disassembly pin. They seem to be high quality forged aluminum and I doubt you will have any problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.