Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2004, a friend needed some quick cash and offered me his new Hi-Point 4095 carbine with a TruGlo 2x Red Dot Scope on it and 3ea 10rd mags for $100 cash. I bought it to help him out, not because I particularly wanted a 40 cal carbine. After shooting about 20rds, I promptly gave it to my son to go with his Glock G22. He's had it all this time and even added a rubber recoil pad as he used it for a first time gun for his friends to try and the plastic stock had no give in it.

Anyway, I went up to his house today to drop off some things and he said he was 'house cleaning' and I could have it back as he'd not used it in years and he knew about me finding all that 40s&w brass I had. So, I guess that I have a 40 cal carbine with a red dot sight now. My son said that the last time he shot it it didn't miss a beat. I got it home and cleaned and lubed it and checked the TruGlo. Everything works just fine so I figure I'm good to go.

I figure I'll take it out and see if it's worth shooting after I add a an M•Carbo trigger spring to help the terrible 8+ lb trigger it has. If it's worth shooting, I'll set to loading up some more 40s&w as I've got plenty of components, that's for sure. Yes, it's as fugly as I remember it but at 'Free 99', it's worth giving it a go to see if I want it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
An interesting looking piece. I kinda like it. Hope you have a blast with it. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Alex says it meets the three "Fs".

Alex, what're the three "Fs"?

Functional, Fun, and Fugly...and it's a Forty, as well. 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts