Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in an order a few days ago at the local gun shop for my very first pistol - an SR22. Really excited about it.

The dealer forewarned me that that the wait time could be anywhere from 3 months to 2 YEARS !!! Yikes.

Does anyone have a better read on just how much of a backlog there is for the SR22 and what a reasonable expectation for delivery may be?? (I am located in SE PA not far from Philly.)

In the mean time, I'll be quite content to stick with my forty-four year old 10-22 rifle that is still a joy to shoot.

Happy to be part of the Ruger community of shooters...

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you looked at Bud's? Gunbroker.com? Guns America? Of, just Googled "Ruger SR22 for sale"? There may be a current back order situation from Ruger and their distributors, (I doubt it) but it will certainly be more like a few months NOT 2 years. :)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY.
There are plenty on Gunbroker from about $300 to just about however much you want to pay.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was told by one lgs owner that I have known for years that this an annual issue with Ruger and has little to do with the current crazy situation with ammo shortages. Three weeks go you could only find a few at gunbroker. Today there are about a dozen non threaded models for sale. I have watched two bids end in the no sales in the last 24 hours because the sellers are trying to get $400 or more for the sr22. The price is slowing becoming reasonable so it appears stock is starting to pick up. My purchase permit will not be ready for almost three weeks so I am just watching and waiting. When it is a sellers market the best thing you can do is wait until the tide turns.

My first post to the forum too so welcome from another newbie!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had no problem finding one in Central Florida. There are two shops in Lakeland that have them in stock. It was way easier to find one locally than it is to find ammo.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome to the forum and when you get that SR22, you'll love it. Seek and ye shall find.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had no issue finding one in Michigan once I decided to pull the trigger. Took me 2 days. Happened into a Gander Mountain store on a Thursday, delivery day, and they had just pulled 5 off the delivery truck.

My advice would be to find out the delivery schedules for some of the higher volume stores and check them on those days.

Good luck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Head to Tanners in Jamison, PA (up route 263). They have at least two of them today for $309 each. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had no issue finding one in Michigan once I decided to pull the trigger. Took me 2 days. Happened into a Gander Mountain store on a Thursday, delivery day, and they had just pulled 5 off the delivery truck.

My advice would be to find out the delivery schedules for some of the higher volume stores and check them on those days.

Good luck.
Haha, I did the same thing at gm in KZoo. They said they get ruger shipments in on thursday so I went in Friday morning and picked one up about 3 weeks ago. Also I was there last thursday they were asking me how I like my sr22 and told me they just got 5 more in...

They are out there...Have fun!!

BTW, what is up with LGS? I have a small shop a couple minutes from my house, he has a sr22 with a light for 529.99 :confused:

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas to gbo & Jwp! The SR22s are out there. I see one in almost every LGS that I go to in this area. Watch for inflated prices though as normal price should be around $300-$330.

·
Registered
306 Posts
BTW, what is up with LGS? I have a small shop a couple minutes from my house, he has a sr22 with a light for 529.99 :confused:
I found a LGS that has sr22's for sale at gunbuyers but when I went by to see if I could buy one straight out the answer was "no". They said they would sell them only through online auctions from now on. I pressed them saying that the potential for future sales from someone online vs someone in the same town didn't make that policy seem too wise to me. Finally they said ok for $399 plus tax. I said "pass". They are also selling 50 pack Remington Thunderbolts .22's for$8.98... So I am not sure how worried they are about local sales anyways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got notice that my references for my Pistol Permit here in NY were contacted. I went to the LGS and bought an SR22. it was great they had one in stock, but i must wait a few months till my permit comes in :/

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The dealer forewarned me that that the wait time could be anywhere from 3 months to 2 YEARS !!!
I wonder if the gun-grabbers feel that will be a sufficient waiting period to allow you to "cool off"?

I wish you the best of luck in getting the gun you want in a timely manner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, start calling around. They're out there somewhere. I was told by my favorite dealer that I wouldn't get a 22/45 for at least 3 to 6 months. Enough phone calls (literally dozens) and I finally found one less than 10 miles from me.

Go to google maps, search for "guns" in your area, and start calling people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got one...

Thanks to everyone for their insightful comments.

Special thanks to poster "5437", as his suggestion of a dealer in Jamison, PA has paid off nicely. Was even able to come away with a brick of Remington Golden Bullets... Nice.

I find a odd that one dealer can have a supply, while others say the wait is well over 3 months.

Happy shooting to all.

gbo455

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have heard from members on this forum when ordering an SR22, they were told 3 to 6 months and they've received it in a few weeks. So hopefully you'll get the call soon. Theres' only a few things worse than buying a new gun and having to wait a loooong time to fondle it. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
From a newbie... Just purchased my SR22 but it was from a gun show. Was priced to high but I knew what I wanted so I paid it. Shot it today for the first time. Ran 100 rounds thru it and it was the smoothest pistol. Not the first jam with different ammo. Very pleased to have Ruger SR22 be my first pistol I personally have purchased.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
. . . Special thanks to poster "5437", as his suggestion of a dealer in Jamison, PA has paid off nicely. Was even able to come away with a brick of Remington Golden Bullets...
Congratulations on your new shooter. See, it just takes persistence. :)

Oh, and again, welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts