Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted a week or two ago, I bought a brand new P90 .45 ACP. I have owned a P89 for years. While cleaning my P90 today I noticed that the extractor is much looser than my P89s extractor. Is this normal? So far, the gun has behaved fine, one of the most accurate .45 autos I have ever owned. The first box of shells through it (reloaded HPs) I did have one failure to eject. Today I shot half a box of factory HPs and half a box of reloaded HPs with no problems.

·
Registered
155 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

As I posted a week or two ago, I bought a brand new P90 .45 ACP. I have owned a P89 for years. While cleaning my P90 today I noticed that the extractor is much looser than my P89s extractor. Is this normal? So far, the gun has behaved fine, one of the most accurate .45 autos I have ever owned. The first box of shells through it (reloaded HPs) I did have one failure to eject. Today I shot half a box of factory HPs and half a box of reloaded HPs with no problems.
gman, As long as the extractor is "locked" in it's slot properly and the gun is "functioning" properly, I would not mess with it. Remember that these "P" Series guns were engineered with "looseness" built in for proper functioning with all ammo and conditions. Parts may fit differently with a half dozen guns of the same model! Once a "P" Series is shot in quite a bit, extractors tend to loosen a little anyway. Since they are "tempered" to be their own spring, each one may take a little different "set" as they work in...................Dick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts