Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again. Sorry for the dumb questions...

I can’t seem to loosen the barrel adjustment knob. I only set it finger tight, so it’s not like I cranked down on it. I can’t see to unscrew the thing. Any tips?

Also, while sliding the barrel assembly back into the receiver, occasionally the bolt will slam home, scaring the sheeit outta me and making a loud metal on metal clashing sound. It’s not like I’m smashing the two pieces together, just gently placing it into position for rotation. This normal?

I’ve emailed Ruger with both questions, but I haven’t yet heard back.

Thanks, as always, for your expertise, folks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case anyone was wondering, I heard back from Ruger. As for the bolt hold, they said it was normal. These were there instructions to unstuck the nut:

Use a wedge shaped hard piece of plastic. If the nut is tight to the barrel use the wedge on the shooters left side of ring and place it on one of the teeth of the ring and tap it downward with a rubber mallet. This should loosen the ring enough for you to turn. If the ring is tight to the receiver then do the same, but on the shooters right side of the ring and tap it downward. If the issue persists we recommend you send your complete firearm into our service department for evaluation. Please contact us at 336-949-5200 to have an RMA number issued.

Ruger Customer Service

I did what they recommended, and it worked. Nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts