Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know anything about these guns? I've never heard of Lorcin. The LGS wants $79 for it (used). I'm curious about the gun and brand. Any good? I'm not considering buying it, I just want to learn. The price makes me think it's a suitable trash can weight. All comments welcomed!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,827 Posts
Neon Horse, If you can't say something good, you shouldn't say anything .... so I won't say anything.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neon Horse, If you can't say something good, you shouldn't say anything .... so I won't say anything.
That statement is saying something! :p

Let's hear the bad then. Jammer? Falls apart in-hand? Is modular and can be reassembled into a white flag for surrender?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
They are cheap and not well made, but "Saturday Night Special" is a gun grabber term I don't necessarily agree with.

Most of these manufacturers were sued out of existence in the 1990's, as that was a popular and effective method of attacking small gun manufacturers at the time.

Cobra, Jimenez (once Bryco), and Hi-Point still produce inexpensive firearms, with Hi-Point being the only guns with a decent reputation. The others have durability issues.

My least expensive pistol was $450, and that's about where I personally draw the line.

People of a low income or that put little value in firearms will purchase these less expensive pistols. I also see a lot of people buy them for their girlfriends, when they apparently don't like them that much.

·
Registered
493 Posts
With the Lorcin make the first round count. Follow up shots are quite iffy. My experience is that they have ejection problems and stove pipe a lot. On the good side it gives you good jam clearing practice.... See I was able to say something "good" about them.:p
Have had one for about 18 years. Can't/won't sell it though I have had offers. Keep saying I'm going to make a reliable gun out of it someday. No matter what I do to it , it never changes.:eek:

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL So my instincts were correct- a gun that has significant room for improvement. :p

I had never heard of the brand and was curious of people's perspectives. The price was a good indicator as well as it's name. Have no fears, I will not put a dime down on it. Not until North Tex makes a reliable gun out of his! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Have a Lorcin .22 pistol. It is a single shot since it will mot cycle with any ammo. It is painted and corrosion is eaten away at it. I believe I would pass.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Back when I had my FFL, I used to buy Lorcin and also Raven .25 and .22 pistols by the case. People would buy them up every day. Why cause they are cheap. I will say I sold my firearms legally out of the canteen at work and they got a percentage. The guns were alal sold to decent law abiding citizens who was looking for a cheap means of protection, and they all migrated to these in particular, even when told they were basically junk. Now the only ones with them or the cheap RJ miami revolvers are the old dudes that patronize the shot houses and play dominoes or knock and get drunk sa a skunk and pull these guns out of their pocket and start shooting at each other. All I can say is thanks that they are so innaccurate and tend to jam or more folks would be killed. Oh every now and then one gets a lucky shot in and hits someone. The younger folks have all graduated to the .40's and 9mm. I personally would not own or have one if they were gicing them away for free across the street. IIRC my cost per Lorcin .25 was $11 and I sold them for $20.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,827 Posts
OK ... I'll say something nice. Lorcins make a good anchor for a very small boat.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I can say this much: In a 24 year [so far] career of full time LE, out of all the guns I've confiscated from criminals in that time...most of them were Lorcins.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
P.S.:.....Closely followed by Hi Point.:rolleyes:

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha I am so glad I asked about these guns. They have character other brands don't have... or aspire to have... or even want to talk about :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts