Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My West Highland Terrier, Andy. He had been diabetic for the last two years, and apparently went into a diabetic coma while I was at work. By time I got home, he was in bad shape and passed two hours later.

Sweet little dog, loved to cuddle anyone. Tried so hard to please. He was one of those dogs that would have let you tear his legs off if he thought it would make you happy.

I am somewhat relieved, as he was nearly blind and losing his hearing and bladder control. No happy life for him. Had him 12 years, and he'll be missed.

I still have another Westie, Barney. And a mixed girl, Thelma Lou, maybe Lhasa Apso-Pomeranian that we rescued out of traffic.

If you have a dog, give him/her a big smooch today. Think about how precious they are.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It's tough when you lose a member of the family.....

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
So sorry you lost your friend, Bearcatter.
That's rough.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Sounds like you gave him a really great life, cherish the memories.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Bearcatter, I'm sorry to hear this. I know what you are going through I've lost several dogs over the years and I have one now that isn't long for the world. Enjoy your memories and the time you had with the little guy.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Bearcatter, I am so sorry you lost your little Andy. Please know I that I'm sad along with you & Mrs Bearcatter. My pug Seymour is squeezing me as I type.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I truly believe great dogs go to heaven. They are more loyal and lovable than a lot of people I know present company included. My thoughts are with you.

·
Banned
402 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, I truly am.
I have gone through it more than once and it's painful every time.
Our friends the Cats AND Dogs are remarkable animals. I have two now, A full Malamute
and a Lab Poodle mix. My wife and I love them very much.
Yes my friend I know how it feels.

Gray Wolf

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Sorry for your loss, bearcatter. I can sympathize as well as I've lost several of my "buddies" over the years. You will always remember him and be happy for the time you had with him.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Sorry for your loss bearcatter.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my thanks to everyone, so far. Remember to give your dog (or cat) a big smooch. Even someone else's dog or cat.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I've been through it and it hurts like hell.
I always remind myself that we gave our little pals love, a home, and a good life.
As others have said, I think our dogs and cats go to heaven.
They deserve to be there more than most humans I know.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Hey BC, sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I have a favorite that is near the end of her life. A Brit and she is 16.That day is coming soon and I dread it. The dog has been by my side since she was a little bigger than my hand.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, I can relate, several have passed through my life too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts