Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently cleaned my mark 2 and now I am missing the small half moon metal part. I have not identified this part enough to find it listed on line. Does anyone know its name?

·
Exchequer
4,687 Posts
Lots of small parts to go missing.

Do you see it in this diagram?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi, I recently cleaned my mark 2 and now I am missing the small half moon metal part. I have not identified this part enough to find it listed on line. Does anyone know its name?
Hello Jeff and Welcome to the RF! (y)

"Half-Moon Metal Part", hmmm...like HLG says, a lot of small parts in the Mk RF pistols!

1. Which model "MkII" do you have?
2. Do you have the owners manual?
3. Can you describe where the missing part installs (in the bolt or in the lower grip frame)?
4. Can you describe what its function is?

The only half-moon shaped part I know of in the Ruger Mk series is found in the SEAR profile, but that's not a small part!?!

Help us to help you! ;)

Ted

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Could it be on one end of the assembly numbered 41 ... it seems the front end of part 41 is half moon shaped . But this part is part of the Recoil Spring Assembly and not supposed to come off . My manual/diagram/parts list has the assembly as part # KA-57 and available as a complete assembly only .
At a loss as to what part is missing ?
Gary

·
Registered
578 Posts
gwpercle said:
Could it be on one end of the assembly numbered 41 ... it seems the front end of part 41 is half moon shaped . But this part is part of the Recoil Spring Assembly and not supposed to come off.
That's the only half moon shaped piece I can think of as well. On the Ruger assembly, it should not be separate from the rest of the recoil spring assembly. However, it is a separate piece on the aftermarket VQ assembly. The threaded recoil spring guide rod goes thru it and screws into the other end piece. But the OP did not say if his is OEM or aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The only half moon part I can think of is on the end of the recoil spring. How do you know it's missing? Is it missing from item 41 in post #2 above?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Where Y'at Jeff ... We trying to help you here ...
Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts