Reactions: Trigg

·
Registered
995 Posts
Great post, Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
21,666 Posts
I have no doubt the statistics for the states that issue CCL's is accurate however states like NH in which the resident permit is issued by the local PD with a background and reference check ($10 all in) the state doesn't have a clue how many permits are out there. In addition with the increasing number of constitutional carry states I suspect a lot of people are carrying in those states without a permit just because they can. It's great the hard statistics are so dramatic and I suspect the actual numbers are even higher. The more honest citizens out there carrying the more criminals realize their job is in jeopardy. The more criminals carried away on a stretcher the lower the recidivism rate.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
terry_p said:
It's great the hard statistics are so dramatic and I suspect the actual
numbers are even higher. The more honest citizens out there carrying the
more criminals realize their job is in jeopardy. The more criminals carried
away on a stretcher the lower the recidivism rate.
I just find it "lovely" that there is enough "hard" data that the doubters
have even more to think about (presumes they can :rolleyes: ).
:D

Lott has been saying this for years, and now has years more worth of data
to show his initial statements were FAR more than "blue sky" guesses. :cool:

·
Banned
650 Posts
People that have their minds made up do not care about "hard statistics" They just cover their ears and say "it's not true." We can only convince the fence sitters. My wife has friends who are hard core anti gun liberals. They come out to shoot her guns. They act like they are carrying a hot bicycle when they have a box of ammo in hand. They are having the time of their lives when they are here. But when they are around like minded people guns are "dirty."

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OldCrow said:
But when they are around like minded people guns are "dirty."
Charge them for the ammunition they use. ;)

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
The gun owning community owes a 'Lott' to John Lott.
Thanks for the post and the download.

If the 9th Circuit fails to make a decision on California's Peruta v. County of San Diego case in the next 4 months, I will be getting my Curio and Collectors license to ensure renewal of my CCW permit.
Might even make some money. ... :p

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Pat thanks so much for calling this to my attention. I LOVE reading this type of research! This paper is like Christmas reading. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.