Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have really wanted this Model for years
I had a SS, 512 Bull Target for quite some time, but never could get myself really attached to it
Found an ANIB (never shoot, Mags still in OEM Bags) online, a while back, so I sold the 512 and bought this:

Don't know why I can't leave well enough alone, but I had to add a few "Improvements"
A Volquartsen, VC2TT fully adjustable Target Trigger, giving it a nice 2.5# Trigger, with the slightest amount of Take-up and almost zero Overtravel
A Volquartsen, VC2BRB Extended Bolt Release
Brownell's, Allen Head Grip Screws
Holding a Hogue Rap-a-Round Finger Groove Rubber Grip
And a Ruger, White Outlined Rear Sight Blade

Also added a Ranch Products, Extended Magazine Release
And an EA Brown, Hammer Strut Support

This thing is so much fun to shoot ! ! !

·
Registered
531 Posts
Have really wanted this Model for years
I had a SS, 512 Bull Target for quite some time, but never could get myself really attached to it
Found an ANIB (never shoot, Mags still in OEM Bags) online, a while back, so I sold the 512 and bought this:

....This thing is so much fun to shoot ! ! !
DS, Congrats on your MkII Target Heavy Taper 6 7/8"...Nice! :thumbsup:

Great to fine a NIB rimfire...Very Cool! :cool:

I received a used, but very clean MkI Target Heavy Taper 6 7/8" just last week. The action was already accurized, but dropping in a VQ MkII Sear got the 3# crisp pull down to a 1.25# Super crisp pull!! ;)

Believe mine will also be a blast at the range! :D

Ted

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Congratulations on your like new MKII Target Ruger. I consider the MKII to be the best of the Ruger semi-auto MK series and it is really special to find one in such immaculate condition.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations on your like new MKII Target Ruger. I consider the MKII to be the best of the Ruger semi-auto MK series and it is really special to find one in such immaculate condition.:thumbsup:
Thank you
And the fact that it went un-shot for almost twenty years

·
Registered
24 Posts
That configuration in a MKI has been my favorite 22 pistol since 1976; hence, libertymarkone as my alias. With the MKII improvements and your customization, it should be a great shooter for you and your next several generations. Enjoy!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That configuration in a MKI has been my favorite 22 pistol since 1976; hence, libertymarkone as my alias. With the MKII improvements ....
Always liked the Mk I myself
My Father's Stepdad had a Mk I Standard that I loved to shoot, but he all but gave it away instead of asking me if I'd want / buy it
He was a very odd guy !
But the MkII is MY favorite Series

With the MKII improvements and your customization, it should be a great shooter for you and your next several generations. Enjoy!
Thank you
Yes, it's so well balanced, amazingly accurate and so easy to shoot
And my Wife's Niece has already laid claim to it !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts