Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got out to the range yesterday after a nearly 2-month pandemic induced hiatus.

After waiting in line to get into the range, I was amazed at how few firearms they had displayed for sale. Usually, this range has a very large and ample inventory of pretty much everything you could want. In the past, I'd go there to shoot and they literally had seven walls covered with pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns for sale.

Yesterday, the place looked almost barren. They still had a decent number of Glocks for sale, but virtually all the Sigs, Rugers, S&W, Springfield, and other brands were gone!

Crazy times indeed.

BTW, if anyone knows anyone who wants to buy a Springfield XD 9mm for $1,200 ...... 🤪

·
Registered
248 Posts
Our walmart put the guns and ammo back out. Well the other day no guns. I asked did they put them away again? The gal said no were sold out.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I’ve not been to the range in a couple weeks. Plenty of inventory then, I’m hoping to go tomorrow afternoon. I’m curious to see how flush the inventory is.

·
Cat Herder
1,554 Posts
The gun stores are low on stock everywhere. The gun dealers are worried because the inventory supply is dried up (especially of cheaper guns) from two major runs (COVID lockdowns and then the riots) and they expect another run when the election nears (and possibly after depending on how the presidential and state elections go). The SD/HD budget guns went first. Mossberg and Remington pump shotguns, high capacity 9s especially, ARs, even a lot of 38 and 357 revolvers. I told my wife when shotguns and buckshot sell out among the first things people are scared for their well being, not for their 2A rights (the normal prompter of sales increase).

·
Registered
630 Posts
Most local gun stores in my area have been cleaned out, one local dealer is asking for anything in 9MM to sell on consignment. Taking 6 pistols up to him Tuesday when I go to pick up my CMP 1911.
Ammo is non existent, did find some .357 Sig for my G23 with Wolf barrel, a few boxes of .22 but everything else was gone. I always buy during the non panic times, easier to find and lots cheaper.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nothing like government overreach, election year worries, civil unrest to drive gun and ammo sales leading to shortages. I shoot at an indoor range Inside the Palmetto State Armory here in SC and the line out the door to get in to buy stuff is always long due to pandemic induced customer limits.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Two Walmarts in my area (of three) now have rifles and shotguns, but practically no ammo but sport/light shotgun, a little .22, and odd rifle calibers. Neither does the local Cabelas, nor the big and small LGS. Cableas seems to be getting rifles and shotguns back in stock, but no handguns. The small chain LGS is slowly getting long guns and plastic back, but still no ammo.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,287 Posts
What I recently realized is that I do not need more guns but more magazines and ammo.

Reactions: Bozz48

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Pretty much the same in my small Florida town. Most all of the lower priced guns have disappeared as well as ammo and reloading supplies. The supply chain has been broken due to the virus panic so, dealers are having trouble getting inventory. One dealer told me that small shops were low priority on the totem pole and lucky to get anything.

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good friend of mine was recently approached by a buddy of his who wanted to "borrow" one of my friend's handguns. Apparently, his buddy, who has never shot a gun before was concerned about pandemic-induced, roaming mobs of ne'er-do-wells.

My friend asked me what I thought and I told him there was no way he should do it; too much liability and just asking for trouble. He agreed.

I told my friend that I'd be more than happy to sell one of my seldom used pistols to his buddy for a fair price but his buddy declined. Apparently his buddy wanted a gun but didn't want to pay for one. Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
4,043 Posts
Bud's Guns is one of my local gun stores. While not fully stocked as usual they still have a decent supply of handguns and black rifles. They may not have your preferred brand/configuration but if you want something that shoots 5.56 or 9mm they have them. They have ammo too but they're limiting how much you can buy. I believe it's one box per day. Big box or little box but you can only buy one.

I checked my own inventory and I'm not low on anything. Plenty of all the most desired items.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Some of the local stores here have started getting inventory in. Still not up to pre-panic days.
I am waiting on the time when the newbies start selling off the guns they bought in panic.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Online is hard to find in my normal spots. Sometimes it seems to be getting there just when they get stock: Cabelas had some 9mm American Eagle 200 rounds with ammo can and that was pretty much it. Can find some of the expensive 9mm defensive rounds and non-9mm rounds (45acp, 357, 22lr, 17hmr) more often, but starting to dwindle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts