Ruger Forum banner

LOWEST Scope Bases and Rings!

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Dewboy 
#1 ·
If you want the lowest Base + Ring combination to get your scope as low as possible, you can stop researching now! This was the ONLY combination that got my Leupold XV-Freedome 3-9X40 scope as low as I wanted to get it...(as low as possible!) and it Worked GREAT and Looks GREAT!:

WARNE Maxima M858 2-Piece Steel Bases + Weaver Top Mount LOW Rings

Most posts in related threads I found on the internet were not helpful in my case. I tried the recommended Weaver 430T one-piece base with the Weaver LOW 1" Top Mount Rings (49040 Matte Black) as recommended. The center part of my Leupold XV-Freedome 3-9X40 scope touched the Weaver 430T base before the scope was all the way down in the rings. I was quite surprised. Since both are Weaver, you would think they would work together for a Leupold scope! So back to the drawing board.

What I decided to do, since the bulge in the center of the scope where the adjustments are was hitting, was to look for a 2-piece weaver base, which would eliminate the part of the base the scope was hitting. So I found the WARNE Maxima M858/918M 2-piece steel bases were made LOW enough to see the iron sites over the bases. I ordered a set and they were definitely very low and worked GREAT! I feel like this is about as low as you can possibly go with a scope out of all possible combinations I know of after doing hours and hours of digging in all the forums.

Since I did not see a single post recommending the 2-piece WARNE Maxima bases with the Weaver Top Mount rings, that was actually the only combination that got my scope low, I decided to join this site and post my findings so others will be able to find a solution in the future. This info would have saved me a LOT of time and money spent on a Weaver 430T base that won't even work with the Weaver rings with my Leupold scope.

P.S. I do NOT recommend the Hogue Overmolded stock as shown. There is a gap on one side of the barrel channel and the other is touching the barrel! They look great, but are NOT straight.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.