Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talo edition, M-1 Carbine style 1022. Saw one today at a local small sporting goods shop. Price tag said 339.99
Comes with the bx15 magazine. Don't need another .22lr, but this one gets my attention.
May go back tomorrow for another look.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree 2x with you. I don't need another gun (at least that's what my Mrs says) but DAMME that catches the eye. 😰

·
Registered
357 Posts
I saw one of the Ruger "M1" rifles at the big Des Moines, Ia gun show this weekend. Not overly impressed. Nice looking wood, but the picatinny rail on it looked about as authentic as a set of TruGlow sights on a Walker cap and ball. A few years back I took my early 90's 10-22 and added a West One M1 stock, M1 style sight set, and canvas sling. IMO it looks more M1-ish than the new Ruger version. Wouldn't buy.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went back for that "second look". Did not buy.
Next day received an email from CMP regarding limited availability of the real thing. Sent in the needed request form. Now will wait to see if I actually get one.

·
Righteous Dude
21,693 Posts
Man, I really like that 10/22. I'd love to Cerakote the barrel to look parked... or maybe just park it! That's a fun setup.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I have a Charger but not a 10/22... this one might change that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The carbine has been "parked" while the trooper has not. The Ruger stock is much nicer then any of the aftermarket stocks. Fit and finish is top notch. I had to do a lot of work to my aftermarket stocks to get them to an acceptable level. I would buy one of the new ones and ditch the rail. I have much more then the cost of the Ruger model in my versions.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Went back for that "second look". Did not buy.
Next day received an email from CMP regarding limited availability of the real thing. Sent in the needed request form. Now will wait to see if I actually get one.
Good luck. The .22 version would be fun, but a real one even better.

I came across one of the Chiappa versions in 9mm about six months ago and snapped it up. It uses Beretta 92FS 15-round magazines. Obviously, kind of in between the .22 LR and the .30 cal. Still a lot of fun to shoot and I got it for $500, so the price was kind of in between too.

Be sure and let us know if you get a CMP and post up some pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts