Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I've collected a few of these.

M-16A1 Inspection Card:

M-4 Inspection Card:

How to Strip Your M-16A1:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I've still got the Vietnam Nam era M-16 "comic book" manual I was given in Basic Training. It was written at about the "Sgt. Rock" comic book level (those of a certain age will probably remember those) and included the buxom young lady and the crusty old sergeant, as well as the inept trooper who didn't maintain his rifle.

I also remember that there were guys in my barracks who needed help reading the longer words that comic book. Ah, those were glorious times for the Army, in the waning years of the Carter administration...

Jim

·
Registered
365 Posts
"Sgt Rock" was one of my favorite comics. I had piles of them. Went into the Corps in 1975. When I got out in 79 my parents had "cleaned out" most of my childhood stuff. Man I can imagine what they would be worth now. Sorry for the drift just good stuff.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went in basic training in June, 1967 where the M14 was still our rifle. We didn't have anything like comic books on our weapons. Just a 6' 8" mean Drill Sergeant name Sgt. Riggins who loved to yell while he 'straightened' our helmet liner and 'dusted off' our field jacket.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Do you have them that you are willing to share in higher resolution?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts