Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted one for many years, and finaly found one that was as close to perfect as you can find. I named her Molly, That little waitress is as close to perfect as ya can get. I had the weapon on lay-a-way. I wasn't due to get her out until August.
But with the lack of the news media and Tv shows igoreing yesterday, I wanted to do more than write about what those brave folks did for me. I wanted a story of my own that I could tell and pass on to those that would listen.
Heres My Story
Her name is Molly, she was made in June of 1945. She hasn't seen any action and she has been to the range much at all. Mainly she has waited in the rack waiting for the call to battle, it has never came for her. Although she has never been to war and has little or no range time she was always at the ready should she ever be called. Now she lives wit me. First things to happen to her is a very good clean care is to be take and she hasn't been handle much. Once she is clean, and oil. She will be going to the range, she is going to get to travel all over the state of Texas and any other state I plan to travel too. I have told that the places she is not accepted I won't go either.
Her Name is Molly- she and her sister were praised by Gen. Patton. That in its self is something to be proud of.
Molly- she is an MI Garand Main Battle Rifle.
She knows how to fight and how to take care of business if need be.
Molly lives with me now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations. Im envious, Ive seen a few Id like to have, maybe some day, Youll never regret getting it. Take care of it and itll take care of you. Its a better weapon than anything made today[8D]

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
like to hear more about her.
Who made her?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Snuffy are you going to post some pictures of Molly or am I going to have to sick Sheepdog on you! Congratulations.

There's something about a layaway purchase, isn't there? You're already attached to it by the time it's yours, you feel like you've already put Molly through college before you even meet!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Congratulations Snuffy. I know your gonna love her. I have never owned one but I got to shoot
one several years ago---what a gun! I envy you, glad you found one. They are scarce and
expensive.
Be sure and get a big bunch of stripper clips while you can still
find them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Congrats, Snuffy- and more power to you...I can't handle the noise of an .06...308's my limit...and I drool for an M1A....I'll keep my eye peeled for clips for it...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I'll be glad to post pictures of Molly. She is real and she is a Spring Field but made in 1945. She is not from the company that is on line today.
As the GI ammo in clips is avaible I have been buying it up. She is all matching the barrel reciever all match. Already had a gunsmith check her out she is clean not shot hardly any at all.
It was one of the those once in a life time buys you dream of it but you really never think it will happen to you.
But guess what it did, its about all I have thought of all nite at work.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
http://www.theothersideofkim.com/images/2005files/carole_landis070.jpg[/imf]

I call mine, Carol, for Carol Landis, fabulouis WWII pinup girl.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Critch thatis a nice touch, I bet she is all lady and all business when she is at the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts