Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I finally got a M1a. I've wanted one for awhile. PSA had a deal and I just happened to have a bonus check. So, I grabbed this rifle.

It came with one of this ban state mags :)D ya know, a 10 round NY mag :D ), so I grabbed a bunch of the Check Mate 20 round mags. I then bought some ZQI ammo to play with. I plan to reload and try other rounds.

Anyways, here it is. I hope to shoot it soon.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Very cool rifle. My M1 carbine needs a big brother....

Santa, if you're reading this I've been pretty good this year.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Nice looking rifle!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.

This rifle handles great. Love the action. I almost feel like I proceeded in a backwards fashion buying the Mini first. This thing feels solid.

Need. To. Shoot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great rifle....I love mine...get the leather sling from spingfield, steel plate on but hurts after awhile , a cheap black rubber recoil pad totally solved that and gave me a better cheek weld with my long arms . Enjoy it my friend
Texas Out

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've always wanted one of those 16" M14s. I'm saving up for one now, either an M1a SOCOM 16 or building my own on a new Fulton or Rockola receiver. The M14 fund was partly depleted to buy an M1 first, though. Garand purists stop reading now. I wonder how a Garand would look in a stock that was camo dipped in Kryptek Highlander...

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a M1A that has a match barrel and sights. I added a 3rd generation Springfield scope mount and Leupold 8 by 25 30mm Mildot scope. I replaced the original stock with a black Arcangel stock and painted the handguard a flat black. It's my version of a black gun. The built in rail on the bottom handles a detachable bipod. The adjustable stock allows me to use either the iron sights or the scope. Granted the rifles heavy, but I'm well beyond my 20 mile hump days.

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Congratulations Neon!
I've been eyeballin those for years.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the earlier SoComs. Too clunky but the new SoCom 16 is a good looking rifle and I really like the Highlander Camo. I've been considering trading one of my M1A's for a SoCom 16. I think your pics put me over the edge.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come a lttile further south and try mine! It is definitely a cool setup. I think any M1a rifle is cool, but this one does have a certain edge to it. I hope it's as much fun as it looks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here is my M1A, I found an original military Bi-pod for $45 .

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Good lookin SOCOM16 Ya got there!

I been wanting to add one to supplement my full size for a long time. Prolly end up with a SCAR 17 first tho...and that's not for a long long time lol

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is my M1A, I found an original military Bi-pod for $45 .

I like it! The bipod looks great!

Good lookin SOCOM16 Ya got there!

I been wanting to add one to supplement my full size for a long time. Prolly end up with a SCAR 17 first tho...and that's not for a long long time lol
Thanks. A SCAR would be fun... I would have to save a bit more for one of those. Maybe next year. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts