Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Ruger stocks changed from the Mk.I tang-safety to the Mk.II bolt-mounted safety. So the stocks are not interchangeable. But did they change any major or minor dimensions from Mk.II to Hawkeye, or are the changes simply "cosmetic" Will stocks interchange? Bolts?

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Bolts interchange as much as any from MkII to Hawkeye. Stocks may need a little inletting to fit the new trigger to go MkII to Hawkeye, but I haven't had much trouble doing so. New trigger and new forend profile, and a new name on the side, that's all.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's about what I expected as the basic rifle is too good to dicker with much. Surprised how slammed Numrich has been for most M77 parts. Too many hoarders. Like me.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Ruger has never sold actions nor bolts, among many other parts, so they're dang hard to find, and never last long when they come available. If a guy really wants to commit to being a custom Ruger guy, they gotta get comfortable with buying donor rifles. It's not that bad at the end of the day, new bolts, for example, for a 700 might cost you $100-200, a used M77 rifle can be had for $350-400, sell off the take off parts and you don't end up too bad off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts