Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a m77 m2 target 22-250 I have wanted for a few years. I bought the gun from a young man that said about every 4th case wouldn't eject. I went to buy Hornady ammo and it's all sold out. I bought some Winchester 55gr soft points. (ALL I COULD FIND) I found about the 4th round the bolt went down hard. Then it would not pull case back very far. About every 3rd she'll is having bolt locking issues. Where do I start? It's also a tack driver!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Start with cleaning the chamber with some jb bore paste

Want to add I have owned well over a dozen of the M77VT rifles and every one shot very well. I do still own 3, a 220 swift. And both 6mm and 22 PPC

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Good advice about cleaning the chamber.

Sometimes difficult extraction is caused by a rough chamber or non-spec ammo.

An assumption can be made that the factory ammo that you are using is SAAMI spec and after several firings that possibly rough or extra tight chamber is causing chambering and extraction problems.

Chambering difficulties can be caused by insufficient head space, case mouths jamming into the chamber, bullets jamming into the leade or fat bodied ammo.

Possibly, a discussion with Ruger techs might be in order. Be sure to mention that this is not a new problem and factory ammo is being used.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies I am going to work on it this afternoon. I have a buddy picking me up some Hornady ammo from Cabelas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts