Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You just ever have one of those days.... I did a favor for the wife sometime ago to help her out of a pinch. Did the stupid thing of pawning my Ruger (I know kick me now). Well today, when I told her enough is enough to get my rifle out of pawn.

I'll be dang if she didn't try and make me out to be the bad guy in all of this, and has hardly spoken a word to me since.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i keep telling mine that she will have a nice retirement fund. since women live normally longer than males.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Most women just don't understand our fascination for guns and think losing one isn't a big deal. Maybe they're right - heck I don't know. The key is men and women just don't think alike. Be nice to her even if she is mad at you and eventually she'll come around. I found out a long time ago that 'me being right' is not as important as 'me being happy'. Hang in there friend.
Tom

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have been married twice and in both marrages have had to pawn my guns from time to time. its never set well with me, I have found that women normally don't have anything that they can pawn and since its not their stuff they care little if its lost in pawn.
For those of you that are married glad for you , and if your happy I am even glader for you. I am single and am so very happy, I go to pawn shops to buy not pawn these days

·
Registered
576 Posts
Wives are never wrong. Fortunately my wife thinks of guns as a "savings account." That's great for me! She is not a shooter, but has no problem with me dumping more into inventory...at least I don't think she does. I am never right, so we balance each other out!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Paul Harvey once said if you want to find out your faults get marrage. He is right.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Men strike back!
How many men does it take to open a beer?
None. It should be opened when she brings it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a woman?
Because a woman who can't even afford a washing machine will probably never be able to support you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do women have smaller feet than men?
It's one of those "evolutionary things" that allows
Them to stand closer to the kitchen sink.
How do you know when a woman is about to say something smart?
When she starts a sentence with "A man once told me..."
How do you fix a woman's watch?
You don't. There is a clock on the oven.
Why do men pass gas more than women?
Because women can't shut up long enough to
Build up the required pressure.
If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at the front door, who do you let in first?
The dog, of course. He'll shut up once you let him in.
What's worse than a Male Chauvinist Pig?
A woman who won't do what she's told
I married a Miss Right.
I just didn't know her first name was Always.
Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%.
It's called a Wedding Cake.
Why do men die before their wives?
They want to.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
In the beginning, God created the earth and rested.
Then God created Man and rested.
Then God created Woman.
Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.
---------------------------------------

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Fellas, I just walked by Deputy125's house and saw 17 SO units, an ambulance, and a hearse...reckon he's done gotten in trouble again? I told him to turn his computer around...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
:)Guess i had better change my password:D
Actually, she is purty good. Been married for 19 years and we have an aniversary coming up this month.
Which reminds me, she also has a bithday in about a week, guess i had better behave or [8]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Buy her a .44 Alaskan snub-then when she doesn't like it, try a 4" Redhawk, and when she still doesn't like it, tell her "That's OK, Honey, I'll keep trying till I find the one you really like...you're worth it." Then go down to the stationery store and get a rubberstamp that says "ALL SALES FINAL-NO REFUNDS"...and life is good...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
sheepdog,

A couple of years ago i did suprise her. i got her one of them complete zebco 33 combos---the whole set with the 2-piece take down rod, lures, everything all in one--a wallyworld special. had it wrapped up nice and gave it to her for Valentine's Day. Heck she is always gettin onto me that we need to spend more time together. i thought why not-- she can just go fishin with me. Had a nice card with it and all. Dang if i got into trouble for that!

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

I think I would have pawned the wedding ring rather than the Ruger...:DNOT!!!
When my wife and I was going to get married, I sold a stainless Desert Eagle, .44 to help buy her engagement ring... Years later when we were married I was talking to some buddies about guns, she brought up the 'big shiny pistol'. I told her I didn't have it anymore and dropped the subject. Later that night she asked what happened to it and I told her what I done. She felt bad about it, and told me to take what the pistol was worth out of our savings and go buy another. :D That's when I knew I married the right woman!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

quote:Originally posted by RNettles

I think I would have pawned the wedding ring rather than the Ruger...:DNOT!!!
When my wife and I was going to get married, I sold a stainless Desert Eagle, .44 to help buy her engagement ring... Years later when we were married I was talking to some buddies about guns, she brought up the 'big shiny pistol'. I told her I didn't have it anymore and dropped the subject. Later that night she asked what happened to it and I told her what I done. She felt bad about it, and told me to take what the pistol was worth out of our savings and go buy another. :D That's when I knew I married the right woman!
Lucky Man. I have a Wife like that. She has never said anything about me buying guns. Sometimes we should count our Blessings. :)

·
Banned
700 Posts
Lots of knowledge here I see.:)
Never had to hock a gun or anything else for that matter. That must be tramatic![V]
I'll call myself fortunate as well. Most all of my guns were gifts over the years from my then girlfriend back in college and for the last 35 yrds, wife!:) She has a way of finding out just what gun I'm looking at too.
Luck of the draw?...Maybe!...But I knock on wood everyday![:I]:)

SD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts