Ruger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine, my son and myself spent a little over 5 hours at the range Saturday. I carried my M77 MKII Target in 6.5 Creedmoor and my 700 Remington in 30.06 to get the scopes sighted in. My friend brought his Mauser and a M77-22 for my son to shoot. We also had a 22 pistol a piece as well.

Starting with my Creedmoor @ 50 yards, we did a quick "zero" to move it out to 200 yards and zero the rifle. I bought a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 and had the custom shop at Sightron install the MOA-2 reticle. I like it! Both rifle and scope performed wonderfully. After the 200 yard zero, I was ringing the gong @ 440 yards. It was fun. :)

Next, we moved to my 700. I had installed a Burris MTAC 3.5-10X42 and needed to zero it as well. Same steps, but didn't zero @ 200, only at 50. Left it at 1 1/2" high @ 50. I'll be spending more time with it soon to get it where I want it for sure. I'm thinking a 150 yard zero will be good for it. I also loved the Burris scope. Very clear and adjusts just like it's suppose to. Its my first Mil/Mil scope.

Lastly, (really in between every 3-4 shots) my son was trying to wear out the M77-22. :) He is 8 years old and is just now getting into shooting. I've been working with him with his BB pistol and rifle. He likes his BB pistol better than the rifle, but after shooting the M77-22, he now wants his own 22 rifle. He did really good with it. He was wearing the big and little 50 yard gongs out, as well as some paper targets. I'm starting to look around and see if I may be able to help Santa Claus out. ;) All in all, it was a great way to spend some time on a beautiful Saturday.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts